Need help with Updating games

This is a discussion on Need help with Updating games within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I dont have internet at my home so im a bit concerned about downloading games. i was going to get the new tom clancy, spider-man ...

Thread: Need help with Updating games

Need help with Updating games

I dont have internet at my home so im a bit concerned about downloading games. i was going to get the new tom clancy, spider-man and modern combat game but here is my problem.

I dont have internet at my home so I have no WIFI access to update them. I had to do the updates for my preinstalled games at my brothers hour which is 25 mins away. Do all of the games require you to have a WIFI source? Why did they not allow the use of 3G. Did they really think every home had WIFI?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by 4lc4pon3 View Post
    I dont have internet at my home so im a bit concerned about downloading games. i was going to get the new tom clancy, spider-man and modern combat game but here is my problem.

I dont have internet at my home so I have no WIFI access to update them. I had to do the updates for my preinstalled games at my brothers hour which is 25 mins away. Do all of the games require you to have a WIFI source? Why did they not allow the use of 3G. Did they really think every home had WIFI?
    I already answered you gripe in at least 2 different places but just to post here in case you don't see them, this will always be the case. Verizon makes devs do this to lower 3G data usage. App developers do this to save users from going over their data limit for 3G. Best tip is get internet or find free WiFi at a Starbucks/McDonald's.

Yeah I didnt see the last posts so sorry. for the Gripe. I noticed that some of the games you buy will let you use 3G but alot need a Wifi source. The one game I wanted was modern combat 2 but reading online they say you need Wifi to update.

I cant find a Wifi source anywhere in my area to connect to. I went to mcdonalds even with the Free Wifi but I cant update the NaN fails. I havent tried starbucks but I am going to my brothers house which is 25 mins away to update. Im not trying to gripe I just find it crazy that you have to do this.

Like I said I dont have internet at my home so the 3G updating would of been nice honestly. I asked the neighbors but where I am from they really dont associate so connecting to them was a no go.

Yeah sorry, guess your situation just sucks. Even on Gamelofts website there's no way around it: http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php?topic=12305.0

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links