NVIDIA Steps Forward to Defend the Tegra 2 Chip about Rumored LTE Issues

This is a discussion on NVIDIA Steps Forward to Defend the Tegra 2 Chip about Rumored LTE Issues within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Over the last couple of weeks we had a few stories suggesting that Verizon's LTE radio issues with some of their newer devices, and even ...

Thread: NVIDIA Steps Forward to Defend the Tegra 2 Chip about Rumored LTE Issues

dgstorm

NVIDIA Steps Forward to Defend the Tegra 2 Chip about Rumored LTE Issues

Over the last couple of weeks we had a few stories suggesting that Verizon's LTE radio issues with some of their newer devices, and even the delay of the Droid Bionic, were caused by compatibility issues with the NVIDIA Tegra 2 chips. NVIDIA has stepped forward to "set the record straight". The renown graphics chip maker emphatically denies that their chip has anything to do with the LTE issues that VZW has been experiencing, and they wanted to make it clear that the rumors should stop. Here is a quote directly from their representatives,
    Tegra has no compatibility issues with LTE at all. The Tegra-powered Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE tablet runs on Verizonís LTE network and is a perfect example of Tegra working fine w/ 4G LTE. Tegra 2 interfaces with many types of modems via standard interfaces, including LTE. There is nothing inherently unique about LTE as far as Tegra 2 is concerned.
    Their logic is undeniable, and it seems they haven't been given a fair deal over all this. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which uses the Tegra 2 chip, has had zero issues running on Verizon's 4G LTE network. So, how can the Tegra 2 be the culprit. It doesn't seem likely. Kudos for NVIDIA for stepping up and defending their technology.

Source: Android.net via Droid-Life

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wouldn't expect nVidia to say anything less.

Although I have read that the Tegra's and the 4G LTE radio were creating too much heat, which is not as much a problem for tablets, but is for phones.
    Droid Bionic cancelled: Tegra 2 and LTE don't mix well (yet)

I don't think the rumors are completely true, but on the other hand I don't believe they are completely false either. The recent moves of both Google and Motorola going to OMAP processors indicate there may be some issues with nVidia. Where there is smoke...

I like Nvidia and all and have been a supporter of them for video cards for the past...well...ever (every graphic card I've ever owned is from them)...but this is just hilarious.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links