Intro

This is a discussion on Intro within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Just picked up a Play for my kid; should be here tomorrow. How is everyone liking their phones? Pros? Cons? I've been deep into phones ...

Thread: Intro

Intro

Just picked up a Play for my kid; should be here tomorrow. How is everyone liking their phones? Pros? Cons? I've been deep into phones for many years, so this one will be rooted as soon as I get it.

Nate

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Congrats on the phone

If it's a Verizon Play you'll have to wait longer to root as it has not been rooted yet.

It is a Verizon Play; and that's cool. I'm not in a huge hurry because it my kid's phone. Do we know who is working on it? Or, how much progress has been made?

honestly not much progress has been made because the boot loaders are not unlockable yet. There are quite a few people working on it so hopefully soon.

They're not unlockable directly from Sony? I haven't done much reading on this phone yet, but I remember seeing something about Sony unlocking the bootloaders via their website.

Is there any reason that you specifically want to root it? This isn't like other phones that need root to bring out their true power. The phone by default from Verizon comes trimmed from most bloatware and is very lite. The battery is awesome and the power is amazing. There's not much need to root it at this point other than to free up some space on the internal memory, and even that is debatable as to how much you can get and if it's worth it. I would try the phone out for a week or two before even looking into rooting. I myself had both my past phones rooted from as soon as possible but I don't think I'm going to follow through with this phone; it just doesn't seem to need it as bad as some other phones do.

I wanted to root it primarily to remove bloat and unwanted menu items. Since it's for my kid, I don't think I'll be doing any changing of the ROM or kernel. I'll give it a shot for a couple weeks, and who knows, I may just end up leaving it stock.

Twitter
    androiddotnet
    Welcome to Xperia Forums, Glad to have you with us

Quote Originally Posted by djsiva View Post
    I wanted to root it primarily to remove bloat and unwanted menu items. Since it's for my kid, I don't think I'll be doing any changing of the ROM or kernel. I'll give it a shot for a couple weeks, and who knows, I may just end up leaving it stock.
    Since it's for your kid I would leave it stock. Never know when kids will break it and you'll have to return it, will save you the time of having to unroot it. There's not enough bloatware on the Verizon version to justify rooting, but then again that's just my opinion.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Welcome. Use launcher pro to replace the stock home and hide the bloat

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links