Xperia Play with HDMI out spotted

This is a discussion on Xperia Play with HDMI out spotted within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Xperia Play with HDMI out spotted | Sony Ericsson Xperia One of the most disappointing things about the Xperia Play is that, unlike the other ...

Thread: Xperia Play with HDMI out spotted

Xperia Play with HDMI out spotted

Xperia Play with HDMI out spotted | Sony Ericsson Xperia

One of the most disappointing things about the Xperia Play is that, unlike the other handsets announced by Sony Ericsson at MWC, the Xperia play would not feature HDMI output. Many, myself included were disappointed to find that the slimmest handset announced, the Xperia Arc had this feature where as the Xperia Play did not and would have greatly benefitted from having this.

It seems this may however become a reality. The exact details on how are as of yet unknown though. A couple of photos have been sent in showing the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play connnected to a HDMI TV with the infomation being that the handset is connected via HDMI. The photos seem pretty legit as does the source but, no further details were provided. So at the moment we’re not sure if this is a Micro USB to HDMI cable or if it’s a “second generation” Xperia Play.

Hopefully it’s the former, otherwise consumers who have already adopted the Xperia Play will be very unhappy after either shelling out for the handset, or signing up for a lengthy contract. Once more details are known about this we’ll let you know.

I've heard they are developer units, so don't worry about it being a new version.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would pay again for one of these. Throw in usb or bluetooth connection with a PS3 controller and it's ultimate win.

It's a dev only phone. I'd love to find one though.
    Old: LG Ally ~ Rooted, Velocity 1.2.2, 725mhz Overclock, Last one after 4 worst phone ever made
    New: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play ~ Rooted
    50% chance this was posted from an Xperia Play

yep, no HDMI was/is (and practically one of my only) biggest disapointments with the play. but now im on a 3 year contract with my new play, watch one will come out even better now :/

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links