Init process spike?

This is a discussion on Init process spike? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; So I had my first occation of my phone starting to lag oddly. I plugged it in and the battery seemed to be charging really ...

Thread: Init process spike?

Init process spike?

So I had my first occation of my phone starting to lag oddly. I plugged it in and the battery seemed to be charging really slow. Using the app SystemPanel I noticed that the CPU was maxed out. I tracked the process down to init based on Astro's process management. The init process was hovering around 80-95% cpu usage.

I'm not sure what this means but I've done some research and see that other people have this problem on occation with it looping. The only way I could fix it was to reboot the phone and then everything was fine.

Anyone know what could have caused this or a way to find out? Is there any way to prevent it from happening again?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So after a lot of testing I figured out a possible workaround for this. The problem seems to go away by enabling USB Debugging (Settings > Applications > Development) I so far haven't seen the issue return back as long as USB Debugging is enabled.

My recommendation until this is fixed is to turn on USB Debugging and leave it on. It's better than your phone going into this crazy mode and have the battery drained before you know it. It's easy enough to spot as the phone starts to run like crap but if you haven't checked your phone in awhile it can eat your battery in as little as 3-5 hours from full charge. Not to mention your phone getting rather hot.

Edit: Here's the post where I learned of the possible fix for anyone who is interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=826507 Looks like the problem may have started with 2.2 but it seems it continues even now into 2.3. Perhaps it's a problem with the JIT that was enabled in 2.2? I wish there was a firm answer but even the posts on Google's forums don't help much. Google hasn't even acknowledged it as a problem yet it seems.

hmmm no wonder I've never seen this issue, I've always left debugging on for all my Android phones

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links