no facebook?

This is a discussion on no facebook? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; i cant seem to find an answer to this, but why does the xperia not link up with facebook in your contacts and accounts?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no facebook?

no facebook?

i cant seem to find an answer to this, but why does the xperia not link up with facebook in your contacts and accounts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you add your Facebook account under settings->accounts&sync?

Full facebook integration within the OS isn't scheduled for the Xperia Play until next patch, and that depends on the provider you have as to when and how you will get that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    Full facebook integration within the OS isn't scheduled for the Xperia Play until next patch, and that depends on the provider you have as to when and how you will get that patch.
    ive got verizon, but thanks. that answers my question!

I was talking to the xperia reps at the MLG tournament in Columbus a few weeks ago and said that verizon customers will not get every update and possibly only every 3rd or 4th one. He also said that the next update after 2.3.3 will be the one to have anyways. He insinuated that the next update will be BIG and be loaded with new features included FB integration. I am not however holding my breath.

A big part of updates falls on the carriers. If Se puts out an update its up to the carriers to push it to customers. And with the rep vzw has, they will get the update, bloat the hell out of it and then we will see it 3-6 months later. VZW is the worst at getting updates out.

Quote Originally Posted by kamileon View Post
    A big part of updates falls on the carriers. If Se puts out an update its up to the carriers to push it to customers. And with the rep vzw has, they will get the update, bloat the hell out of it and then we will see it 3-6 months later. VZW is the worst at getting updates out.
    yup yup...

I posted this awhile ago but here's a lot of the features being added: http://www.xperiaforums.net/forum/xp...-3-3-soon.html

I REALLY hope this update is NOT for us on Verizon. To me having a Facebook app I can not uninstall is blatant bloat ware! I assume no one agrees with me BUT I do not Facebook hence no need for an app let alone integration....

Please no flaming

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    I REALLY hope this update is NOT for us on Verizon. To me having a Facebook app I can not uninstall is blatant bloat ware! I assume no one agrees with me BUT I do not Facebook hence no need for an app let alone integration....

Please no flaming
    I wouldn't worry gertman. If it's anything like the other Facebook integration you can simply not enter your facebook account and all the additions will be invisible to you. So it'll be there for those who want it and for those who don't, just don't add it to your account syncs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links