Whats this phone missing?

This is a discussion on Whats this phone missing? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; There were some more PSX games announced during E3 that should be coming out soon. I can't remember which games they were though....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats this phone missing?

There were some more PSX games announced during E3 that should be coming out soon. I can't remember which games they were though.

yeah ive heard about some that are coming out, i blank on which ones they are as well. i just think that there should have been more at launch, i dunno. i'm glad they released it when they did though. i'm loving playing final fantasy iwth the gamepad

Well I'm thinking this might turn out like the PSP did. They initially released a few games but the emulator was not ready for all of them. As they slowly worked on fixing bugs they were able to release more and more games. Sales of PS1 games picked up and now they release them almost weekly. It may take awhile but that's my guess as to how this will go in the long run.

tat would be nice. i can hold out for more ps1 games, as i probably own the ones i would want to play anyways, but i hope you're right

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    tat would be nice. i can hold out for more ps1 games, as i probably own the ones i would want to play anyways, but i hope you're right
    FYI, when I say awhile, I mean awhile. It was almost a year and a half to two years before playstation games really started to be releasing well. Based on the size of their development team for Android it's probably significantly smaller than it was for the PS3/PSP but at the same time they have all the experience and more power to play with so we could indeed see the same sort of time from that the PS3/PSP saw. Also you have to remember that these are Android releases, so technically they will work on any Android playstation certified device from here on. So my guess is that by the next time they we see another iteration of this phone (in possibly 1-2 years) is when the development of playstation games will be at the level it is for PS3/PSP.

This of course all assume that it becomes profitable for Sony to do this. You have to remember that with a lot of these old games they have to pay the original company's licensing fees in addition to doing testing. It gets even crazier when you factor in games that used licensed music because Sony has to pay licensing fees for those two, and often times music license holders will not license their music at a resonable price for a $5-$10 game. It's one of the main reasons why some games cost more than others, all of these licensing fees.

Anyone else notice that the screen is sorta "loose" when slid closed on the left slide, side with the usb and headphone jack, it sorta flaps up and down. I found on another forum where someone put the tiny pads from the bottom of their mouse on the back side and it fixed the issue. Also on mine the right bumper has more play in it than the left bumper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links