Single vs Dual Core

This is a discussion on Single vs Dual Core within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; This is a link to a comparison done with Flash http://www.androidbugle.com/2011/05/flash-103-performance-test.html I believe the Xperia Play has the same single core chip as the phone ...

Thread: Single vs Dual Core

Single vs Dual Core

This is a link to a comparison done with Flash

http://www.androidbugle.com/2011/05/flash-103-performance-test.html

I
    believe the Xperia Play has the same single core chip as the phone in the test.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Funny how people in the YouTube comments get so offended when they see their phone not performing well.

The PLAY has the same hardware and OS build as the arc, so it would probably perform pretty much the same as how the Arc does in that video.

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    The Xperia Play has the same Snapdragon processor as the DINC 2 and Thunderbolt(MSM-8655),which a 2nd generation Snapdragon rather than the one found in the original DINC. Odd that the SE ARC performed so poorly.The YouTube videos I've played thru the Play's web browser played almost perfect,way smoother than the ARC's video in the rendering test.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    I thought the play is only clocked yo 800mhz?? Or is i 1ghz? Either way flash shouldn't be used as a benchmark. It plays kinda poorly on my 1.7ghz xoom every now and then

The play is 1Ghz. The real problem is that video from flash isn't rendered with any assist from the graphics processor. They seemed to have said they would be doing this but somewhere along the line they just don't. If it did use the graphics processor the Play would be silky smooth. I guess it's just too hard to include support for each type of graphics card and the developers at flash are too lazy to create an openGL flash wrapper.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. You would think since android can handle flash, manufacturers would maximize that ability.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links