Did anybody care at Verizon this phone was coming out?

This is a discussion on Did anybody care at Verizon this phone was coming out? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Lets see...one PS1 game, not much else optimized for the PLAY - ZERO MARKETING... Did they even care? I don't have buyers remorse at all, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anybody care at Verizon this phone was coming out?

Did anybody care at Verizon this phone was coming out?

Lets see...one PS1 game, not much else optimized for the PLAY - ZERO MARKETING...

Did they even care?

I don't have buyers remorse at all, but if they don't push this phone,if no one has this phone, no one will dev for the phone, which means I'll have to stare at Bruce Lee and Madden on my phone for another year and 11 months...

Just venting...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What were your expectations for this phone?

uh...Verizon has almost nothing to do with game development lol.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Ya VZW just sells them. Its up to Google and Sony to support them.

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    I do have to admit that VZW seems to treat this phone almost "Pre-ish". No advertising at all. It seems to get lost between the iPhone and DROIDs. However it's not entirely bad. Look at how much bloatware Verizon loads on it's other Android devices.Sort of glad VZW leaves the Play alone. Just wish SE offered the Xperia Play on other US providers so it would get more attention from developers.

I'm using fpse to emulate ps1 games. That way I don't have to buy games that I already own.

I understand that...I have 1000s of game on the Play right now (no exaggeration either) but I really did think Verizon "won" the right to be the exclusive carrier of this phone and they've done nothing with it.

But developers seem to gravitate towards popular phones, (eg Droid 1, EVO, Incredible 1 & 2) - and I selfishly want this phone to be more popular so we'd get cool add-ons all the time. And it doesn't seem like it will. I mean look at this site and Droidforums.net....there is almost NO activity because there's no interest and there's no interest because of lack of marketing.

Also sucks that VZW is the one who released the looked up tighter than a butt X-Play...still no root.

I mean where is that PS suite we heard about?

I agree on that point, there doesn't seem to be many games out for the xplay right now. The ones that are aren't very fun. It is a great phone with great potential, but if it isn't being marketed as such people won't buy it. I was really excited when I found out the xperia play was being made. Funny thing is though, I didn't even know it was released until I walked into a bestbuy and saw it on display. The lack of advertisements for this device makes for poor sales. Who wants to dev for a phone that isn't selling? Nobody.

I'd really like to see some psp games ported to this phone. I'd be in heaven if I had some of the GTA games (besides china town wars ) on my phone. PSP had some great titles and I know the hardware on the xplay is more than enough to run a psp game.

Anyone try psxperia for emulation. Since it makes the games work like an app they can launch it from the game menu and best of all FFVII plays with 0 slow down where there is some in fpse. Also it seems that the data files take up less space than the game iso's.

yea, i think Verizon could have put some effort into selling this phone and made a killing off of it, the only reason i came across the phone is reading reviews of the phones i could get for "free" "renewing contract" and it had the best reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links