Xperia Play Price Dropped to $100

This is a discussion on Xperia Play Price Dropped to $100 within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Verizon cuts the price of PlayStation Phone by 50 percent, now the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is priced at $100! The price cut is a ...

Thread: Xperia Play Price Dropped to $100

Xperia Play Price Dropped to $100

Verizon cuts the price of PlayStation Phone by 50 percent, now the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is priced at $100! The price cut is a result of Big Red’s “Back to School” promotion, this sudden drop in price made to instigate a price war with AT&T now that it’s introduced the model to its lineup? With better than PSP graphics, full phone capabilities and Android 2.3 Gingerbread, this still sounds like a deal any way you slice it.

Click here to get yours.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    That's an awesome price for a really underrated phone. But the Android world evolves so quick that the Play is more a mid-tier device by now.

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    That's an awesome price for a really underrated phone. But the Android world evolves so quick that the Play is more a mid-tier device by now.
    Every high-end phone becomes mid-tier in 6 months. I had a Droid X when it launched and it was the same situation. Even the original Droid was mid-tier in less than 4 months. The thing about the Xperia play from a gamer's perspective is that even being mid-tier, it's still the best gaming phone as it has the hardware keys in addition to still being able to play every single game on the Android market at a smooth frame rate. What's the purpose of getting a new high-end phone if there's no game that will take advantage of it and play better. Android phones aren't like PC's yet, there's not games coming out that max out the hardware.

I for one think this price drop is a good thing, and I hope the unit sells more. The more this unit sells the more likelyhood there will be an Xperia Play 2 in 2 years when I upgrade my phone.

yeah i hope this boosts sales of it too. this is an awesome phone; even despite its lack of speciality software related. I expected much better ps1 support, but the controls and graphics capabilities of it is just great, and makes the phone stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    yeah i hope this boosts sales of it too. this is an awesome phone; even despite its lack of speciality software related. I expected much better ps1 support, but the controls and graphics capabilities of it is just great, and makes the phone stand out.
    There is always the ps1 emulator. Every game I've thrown at FPSE works perfect. Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy IX, etc.

Aside from that, I do believe this price drop is a very great thing (should generate more sales for the phone). Kinda wish I had waited a couple of weeks before getting the phone. I got it about a month ago at best buy for 200.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links