Native PSX Emulator ISO Converter

This is a discussion on Native PSX Emulator ISO Converter within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; So it looks like someone finally did it. Someone was able to extract the Playstation emulator out of the original Crash Bandicoot that came with ...

Thread: Native PSX Emulator ISO Converter

Native PSX Emulator ISO Converter

So it looks like someone finally did it. Someone was able to extract the Playstation emulator out of the original Crash Bandicoot that came with this phone and is now working on a tool that lets you convert other games to work with it:

[Release] Native PSX Emulator ISO Converter - xda-developers

Of course it's not perfect yet and still in beta stages but according to some people they are having success. I have been following this the past few days and have not had a chance to try it yet, but the main problem is that you have to use Crash Bandicoot version 2 from Europe (and I'm stuck with the USA version)

Hopefully this turns into something easy to use. I loved the emulator that Sony did for the PSP and so far this one looks just as good.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Turns out Sony already patched the newest version of their emulator (ver 3) to prevent the tool from working. Well good thing Crash on the R800x version still works with the tool.

Wait.... are you saying that your converting some ISO game (that of course, that you backed up) and convert it into PSX? Am I missing something here?

You can. What I've been doing is buying games from the PSN market and then downloading them to my PSP. Then I extract the ISO from the eboot file and have been playing it on FPSE (playstation emulator). While FPSE works mostly fine, I would love to have an easy to use official Sony emulator that can simply load the Eboot or ISO files and play better than FPSE.

Problem is from the direction this guy is going he's not making an ISO/Eboot loader he's making software that repackages ISOs into their own self contained apps. Not exactly my perfered solution but I'll take what I can get.

Each apk does show up in the play launcher as a separate game, so in that respect it's actually kinda nice

Thanks! Will look forward to that! My friend owns an Xperia, and he loves it. Of course, I love it too!

Do you have a tutorial on how to do this? (vid, article, etc.)

If you download the application there's a readme file that has a short bit of instructions. The app is pretty simple to use otherwise.

Thanks GameBoyie.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links