[Updated] Xperia Play headed to AT&T

This is a discussion on [Updated] Xperia Play headed to AT&T within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Update: Our staff member, gertman has it right. According to several reports, the radio in this phone will be the HSPA+ version of 4G, not ...

Thread: [Updated] Xperia Play headed to AT&T

[Updated] Xperia Play headed to AT&T

Update: Our staff member, gertman has it right. According to several reports, the radio in this phone will be the HSPA+ version of 4G, not one of AT&T's (just in its infancy) LTE network devices.

September 18th the Xperia Play will be headed to AT&T for 50bucks!!! It is claimed BUT not real 4G. I have gathered some links for everyone below:

Xperia Play 4G 'PlayStation Phone' Coming to AT&T for $50 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play 4G hitting AT&T on September 18th for $50 on contract -- Engadget
    Xperia Play 4G Coming to AT&T - Gear News at IGN

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Although not true 4G, it's still pretty snappy with the HSPA+ @ 21mbps if I'm not mistaken.

Telford/Souderton,PA to St.Petersburg/Clearwater,FL
    Yes,AT&T's version of the SEX PLAY is noticeably faster than Verizon's. Nice dark Blue color. Plus the R800at(new model code too) comes with the dock. You can't beat that for $49.99! :D

OMG a dock! Man, makes me sad I got the phone on the carrier that actually has cell phone reception in my area AT&T in anywhere Southern California is really a joke when it comes to actually using their phones as well....you know....phones.

I am curious though, how "Vanilla" is the OS compared to the Verizon version?

Well obviously if AT&T service is bad in your area no phone is worth getting. I'm just comparing the initial pricing of AT&T's Play versus the $200(w/o the $30 Dock) Verizon wanted. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoiye View Post
    I am curious though, how "Vanilla" is the OS compared to the Verizon version?
    The AT&T R800at has SE's MediaScape.I think it's the same UI as the other GSM versions.

Hopefully this AT&T release leads someone to coming out with an official car dock. I had official media and car docks for both my OG Droid and Droid X, just doesn't feel right not having a car dock for this phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links