New Guy Here.

This is a discussion on New Guy Here. within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Hey People! Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Mike although most people on the forums just call me Aux, I hail from ...

Thread: New Guy Here.

New Guy Here.

Hey People!

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Mike although most people on the forums just call me Aux, I hail from the Atrix Forums where I've been an active member for a couple months. Although this forum doesn't seem as busy, I will nonetheless be as active as possible.

I'm a huge fan of Sony/Sony Ericsson. My first phone ever back in 2004 was a Sony Ericsson (Which was awesome) but this will be my first Sony Ericsson since then. I do own a PS2's, a PSP and a PS3 (Had 2 PSPs and 3 PS2's total) so that makes up for only having one Sony Ericsson. Looking forward to playing some games with dedicated controls.

Have a great day

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey Aux, welcome! While it is true this forum is not as busy (mainly due to little new news for the phone and most dev work being posted on the XDA forums) most of us here are friendly and willing to help.

If you're looking for games, check out the games section and there's a few good reviews. Also there's plenty of emulators for this phone that work great with controls. Also since you mentioned you owned a lot of Sony consoles there's a good chance you have purchased some PSOne classic games from the Playstation store. Seeing as there's not many available to buy on the Android market for now remember that you can download those games to your PSP and then load the Eboot file onto your phone and play it with FPSE, the best playstation emulator on the Android market. Worth checking out for any Sony fan. Of course once they get officially released on the Android market you should buy those as they're likely to work better and smoother and it's the best way to get Sony to work on porting more of their PSOne games over

Thanks for the welcome!! Im guessing in order to play thise PS Classics I would need to be rooted or have an unlocked bootloader?Also does this have a native app? Tapatalk or something to that sort?

For PSOne classics, you can try the FPSE emulator from the market (will play most games full speed without smoothing, only a few glitches on some games, easiest and best to use for now), PSXperia (official Sony emulator ripped from one of the games that plays some games very well, others not so well, hard to use) or buy the actual PSOne games from the market (best option but very limited selection, in US I don't even think you can buy any at the moment) All of these don't require root or unlocked bootloader, have fun.

Not sure about a native app for our forums though...

Wow, don't actually need to unlock a bootloader for any of those. I'm surprised just because usually things like that require some sort of hack.
    Thanks for the info =P

Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    Wow, don't actually need to unlock a bootloader for any of those. I'm surprised just because usually things like that require some sort of hack.
    Thanks for the info =P
    They're all just apps, so no need for hacks. The only one that might be considered a hack is PSXPeria but it still doesn't require anything drastic like root. I guess the only downfall you might have is the PS3 controller app only works on rooted devices, but then again you'd only need that for this phone if you were trying to have someone play as a second player or something.

I downloaded it and got everything working except being able to bind the X button to the hard key on the Xperia Play.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links