Should I get an Xperia play?

This is a discussion on Should I get an Xperia play? within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I've being wanting one since day one but got a psp instead which I'm fed up of and due to its size and weight it ...

Thread: Should I get an Xperia play?

Should I get an Xperia play?

I've being wanting one since day one but got a psp instead which I'm fed up of and due to its size and weight it doesn't feel truly portable. I want an Xperia and ill sell the psp to get it but i want to ask several questions to ensures its right for me.

1. How easy is it to install a PS1 EMULATOR on the Xperia Play, will it require professional help or equipment?

2. Are there any requirements that I should know about before buying the Xperia such as custom firmware, download applications of software for my laptop?

3. How much is a PS1 emulator for the Xperia?

4. I run ePSXe 1.7.0 on my computer and I have downloaded various PS1 roms from a certain website. Can these roms be installed on the Xperia once it has an emulator (there ISO format) ?

5. Is there a step by step guide on how to install an emulator on the Xperia for idiots like my self?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you do get an xperia PLAY!

To answer some of your questions: There is a built in ps1 emulator you can use, and others you can install that work great once you set them up right. It sounds like your already familiar with emulators so it shouldn't be a problem.

There is a pc companion software you can install on your computer, but it is not required. There really isn't a need to root or put custom android builds on your xperia play unless you just want to. Emulators work fine with the stock PLAY.

PS1 emulators vary in price, some are free (like the included one!). The ROMs you already have should work.

There is tons of guides for emulator related stuff on this site and others. Just search around!

Hope that helps!
    Proud owner of an Xperia PLAY 4G!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links