SD Card and Game Question

This is a discussion on SD Card and Game Question within the Sony Xperia Play forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I'm on a military deployment but will finally return home in a few days (been out to sea for 320 days!). Anyhow, I ordered the ...

Thread: SD Card and Game Question

SD Card and Game Question

I'm on a military deployment but will finally return home in a few days (been out to sea for 320 days!). Anyhow, I ordered the Xperia Play from Verizon and it should be at the house waiting for me when I get home. I have a couple of questions though I'm hoping you fine folks can answer. First is I am going to pop a 32GB SD card in the phone as soon as I get it. Since it comes with an 8GB card which has 2GB already used by preinstalled games, can I simply copy the games off the 8GB card and put them on my 32GB card? Or do I have to download all the free/preinstalled games again? Second question I have is will the game I already purchased (like Zenonia and Zenonia 2) work on the Xperia? I guess what I'm confused about is where to buy games for the phone. Does Sony have it's own proprietary marketplace for the phone or do you just get software from the normal Android marketplace? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

As long as you DO NOT buy games from Verizon's app store you can take your apps with you from phone to phone. This is true for the Android Market and the amazon App Store.

When you get you 32gb card all u need to do is copy ALL of the files that come on the stock SD card.

32GB SD card question

Quote Originally Posted by gertman View Post
    As long as you DO NOT buy games from Verizon's app store you can take your apps with you from phone to phone. This is true for the Android Market and the amazon App Store.

When you get you 32gb card all u need to do is copy ALL of the files that come on the stock SD card.

That's exactly what I did a couple of days ago when it arrived. I just copied the contents of the 8GB SD card to my HDD the copied that to the 32GB SD card. Everything works fine.

Crypto

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links