Using Sony Ericsson Sync Server with Branded ATT Xperia X10a

This is a discussion on Using Sony Ericsson Sync Server with Branded ATT Xperia X10a within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Originally Posted by NaplesBill I had the same issue at first so I rebooted with the phone still plugged in and it picked it up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Sony Ericsson Sync Server with Branded ATT Xperia X10a

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I had the same issue at first so I rebooted with the phone still plugged in and it picked it up after that, haven't had a problem since.
    I tried that .. still get the same msg from sideloader. I read in other forum that that particular msg means windows didn't load the right drivers, so I downloaded the x10 drivers from the SE developer website, but I am not sure which SE device to update with them.. 2 or 3 show up in Device Mgr when the phone is connected.

Also, I have seen contradictory answers to this question : usb mass storage on or off when using sideloader?

Thanks again.

Well, I'm sure you can sort out the drivers. I would remove all the devices that show up and then install the new driver before plugging in the phone. You can use SWM with or without mass storage. I store a few apks on my SD so I always used mass storage. Now I have hacked the settings.db so I don't need to use SWM at all.

Unhappy

I'm also new to android phones, is there a rom to flash back to at&t branded from generic x10a rom? I wan to use method described herei to root at&t branded rom.

Quote Originally Posted by mlm122 View Post
    I tried that .. still get the same msg from sideloader. I read in other forum that that particular msg means windows didn't load the right drivers, so I downloaded the x10 drivers from the SE developer website, but I am not sure which SE device to update with them.. 2 or 3 show up in Device Mgr when the phone is connected.

Also, I have seen contradictory answers to this question : usb mass storage on or off when using sideloader?

Thanks again.
    Just wondering if you ever got SWM to work. I am having the same driver issue.

I bought a AT&T branded X10 , Model Nr. X10a, Firmware version 1.6, Baseband version 1.1.32, Build nr. R2CA016
    ok, so I try to follow this tutorial to debrand my droid Debranding Tutorial [step-by-step] : Firmware

in my folder "13740270" I go to blob_fs and the largest files I can find are 10kb only.
    I donīt know what to replace.

Can someone please help me and tell me the right steps to debrand this phone and to upgrade it to the latest version ?
    thank you so much for your support,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan! View Post
    I bought a AT&T branded X10 , Model Nr. X10a, Firmware version 1.6, Baseband version 1.1.32, Build nr. R2CA016
    ok, so I try to follow this tutorial to debrand my droid Debranding Tutorial [step-by-step] : Firmware

in my folder "13740270" I go to blob_fs and the largest files I can find are 10kb only.
    I donīt know what to replace.

Can someone please help me and tell me the right steps to debrand this phone and to upgrade it to the latest version ?
    thank you so much for your support,
    Dan
    I ended up using OmniusServer to debrand, then SEUS to update to the latest generic software. Omnuis is the cheapest online debranding svc I have found. Omnius doesn't have the very latest generic, but once SEUS recognizes your phone as having generic firmware, it will tell you an update is available, and if you agree to update, will give you the latest firmware.

If you are using ATT American firmware now, make sure you choose generic American files from Omnius.

My guess is that Naplesbill didn't pay to debrand, but he could tell you more about that

Hope that helps!

I was able to get Sideload Wonder Machine to work once I downloaded and installed the android SDK (installs the correct drivers). Took a while to install the SDK. I rebooted my computer, then I made sure that I did not 'mount' my microSD. When you don't mount it, it's essentially in 'charge' mode. May need to turn your phone off and then hold the back button when you plug your microSD cord into the phone. Once I loaded the rooting files, I still didn't root my phone. I just wanted to make sure that I had it on there if I couldn't find another way to add apps. I used Davinci team to debrand my phone. Once I debranded, I was able to get sony ericsson sync as well as add apps from anywhere that I want. I like it much better than AT&T's ROM. I should be able to receive 2.1 sooner than AT&T since I don't have to wait on AT&T to customize the ROM to suit their specs, etc. I chatted with someone at Davinci before doing the debrand and he told me which ROM to choose. He told me to choose this one. It'll cost you around $15, but if you use this discount code, you can get 20% off. There are free ways to do it, but when the cost and effort is minimal, I'd choose this route everytime. Essentially, you will download the 'client' software. You will also download the drivers from their site. After that, you will follow the instructions and they are very basic. You will turn off your phone & run the client software; while holding the back button, plug your sync cord into ur phone (the other end is already plugged into your computer). Hold the back button til your phone is recognized. Then it'll take you to a place where you can choose your ROM. Click on 'generic' and that'll end up filtering the list for you. Then scroll down to find the ROM that the guy told me to choose. Here is the list of instructions along with a video. After about 30 minutes, I had a new ROM installed. It will take a few a while to load the first time and it will open in a foregin language; don't panic. I simply chose English as my default language and voila, that's it. If you have any questions, feel free to talk to someone live. It was VERY simple. The client did all of the work for me. I have the universal androot and x10 root files on my SD card, but I have no reason to use them at this point. Good luck.

Omnius sucks! Worst service ever. I opened an account there, paid the credits and downloaded the software. Than I asked their support team 3 times which files I would need to download. 3 times I did not get an answer at all. also the forum users at Omnius did not respond to my request. A waste of money and time.
    I was better of with DaVinci. Itīs more expensive, but at least itīs easy to use and effective.
    Even better is the flash tool and instruction on the Developer page, I flashed my phone, turned it on, selected english as my language and now I have the 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by Dan! View Post
    Omnius sucks! Worst service ever. I opened an account there, paid the credits and downloaded the software. Than I asked their support team 3 times which files I would need to download. 3 times I did not get an answer at all. also the forum users at Omnius did not respond to my request. A waste of money and time.
    I was better of with DaVinci. Itīs more expensive, but at least itīs easy to use and effective.
    Even better is the flash tool and instruction on the Developer page, I flashed my phone, turned it on, selected english as my language and now I have the 2.1
    It is cheap for a reason I guess.. I just used generic "x10a" firmware with the latest firmware #. At the time I used X10a_CUST_GEL_NAM1_1234_4820.rar and had no problems. "GEL" is generic. Sorry you had a bad time.

nice info... thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links