Using Sony Ericsson Sync Server with Branded ATT Xperia X10a

This is a discussion on Using Sony Ericsson Sync Server with Branded ATT Xperia X10a within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I cannot get the the darn branded version of this phone to let me add a sync server at all. ATT appears to have that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Sony Ericsson Sync Server with Branded ATT Xperia X10a

Using Sony Ericsson Sync Server with Branded ATT Xperia X10a

I cannot get the the darn branded version of this phone to let me add a sync server at all. ATT appears to have that feature blocked. I am toying with unbranding w PC Companion, but wondered if anyone got SE sync server to work with the branded version.

Thanks all!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have loaded a few different ROMs (branded and unbranded) and the AT&T does not have the SE Sync option at all. How are you trying to add it? Where did you get the APKs. I tried using the APKs from another ROM but they will not install.

I am trying under data synchronization. It has Google, but I wanted to use SE's service... the SE site gave me the instructions to set it up manually, but there is no option to add a new sync server. Are there apps that will let you set it up? I was trying manually. Not new to minor SE modding (debranding, etc), but I am new to Android phones.

Thanks!

If you debrand to a generic X10a ROM the SE Sync service is there. AT&T removed it. There is also a backup and restore app they removed but I was able to add that back. I still haven't figured out a way to readd the SE Sync service though.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    If you debrand to a generic X10a ROM the SE Sync service is there. AT&T removed it. There is also a backup and restore app they removed but I was able to add that back. I still haven't figured out a way to readd the SE Sync service though.
    What was the backup app you used, please? and yeah, I'm still debating debranding.

The apk filename is semc-backup-rachael.apk. I copied all the apks from the generic ROM before rebranding to AT&T. Then I rooted the AT&T ROM and removed all the AT&T crapware. I then edited the settings.db to allow non-market apps and added some things back from the generic ROM (Backup, TrackID, etc...).

Is the rooting process difficult?

It is not difficult at all. You have to sideload an app (x10root.apk) and then run the app, choose root and then click root, then reboot. That is it. You can also edit the settings.db and enable non-market app loading directly on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    It is not difficult at all. You have to sideload an app (x10root.apk) and then run the app, choose root and then click root, then reboot. That is it. You can also edit the settings.db and enable non-market app loading directly on the phone.
    OK, I installed Sideload wonder machine, an attempted to install X10root.apk, but it says it can't find my device ID. The program says "make sure debugging is enabled (it is), and the USB connection is in "charge only mode"... The only 2 usb notices that pop up when I plug in my phone are "phone connected in debugging mode" and an option to mount USB storage to copy files to and from etc... I select "don't mount"... but I don't see a USB option that says "charge only". What am I missing?

Thanks for your help/advice btw.

I had the same issue at first so I rebooted with the phone still plugged in and it picked it up after that, haven't had a problem since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links