Victory!! Got Sideload Wonder Machine working!!

This is a discussion on Victory!! Got Sideload Wonder Machine working!! within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; @Butta Mylk - I had to d/l Android SDK to get stoopid windows to install the correct drivers.. it simply wouldn't let me choose the ...

Thread: Victory!! Got Sideload Wonder Machine working!!

Victory!! Got Sideload Wonder Machine working!!

@Butta Mylk - I had to d/l Android SDK to get stoopid windows to install the correct drivers.. it simply wouldn't let me choose the right ones, but SDK installed em for me. I admit, I just sorta stumbled/fumbled through installing SDK, just followed the prompts, but by golly it worked!

@naplesbill, I have you to thank.. saw your reply in another forum to someone having the same prob with SWM not grabbing the Device ID, so I followed your advice and did as I described above.

Mainly I was looking for a way to get the x10 root apk on my phone, and it worked

Now comes my internal debate... to root or not to root? Still on the fence about it, but was determined to get the APK on my phone so that I'd have an easy way to do it, if I decided to. Main benefit for me personally is the ability to get rid of bloatware. I don't use any of that Moxier stuff. I just want to do some more reading and make sure I don't accidently delete something necessary to the function of the phone.

OOps, sorry.. just realized this should have been in the x10 hacking subforum!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm glad you were able to get it working. It appears that you have also discovered a solution that will probably work for others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NaplesBill View Post
    I'm glad you were able to get it working. It appears that you have also discovered a solution that will probably work for others as well.
    Hey, I'm new to this thread and I also can't get the SWM to work. The serial number thats supposed to pop up in the prompt doesn't pop up. Any help? Thanks

Google and download Android SDK, at least that's what worked for me. It's the ONLY way I found to get the correct drivers to load. BTW, you don't really need the program itself, just let it load necessary components & of course drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by mlm122 View Post
    Google and download Android SDK, at least that's what worked for me. It's the ONLY way I found to get the correct drivers to load. BTW, you don't really need the program itself, just let it load necessary components & of course drivers.
    Yes, I did that it still doesn't work -_-.

Do you have .net 4 framework installed?

Quote Originally Posted by mlm122 View Post
    Do you have .net 4 framework installed?
    Yup !

No Luck with SWM on Win7 w/SDK & SDK USB Drivers.

Trying to root my X10.
    Trying to use SWM to install Superuser.apk.
    Installed Android SDK and Got SDK USB drivers to load by adding the following to android_winusb.inf

;Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0FCE&PID_D12E&MI_01
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0FCE&PID_D12E&REV_0100&MI_01

New driver seem to work with PC Companion...

Problem is, when running SWM, it is not able to find the attached device.
    It is not able to come up with serial number.

Anyone have any luck with Win7 X10 Rooting?

Worked out the issues... (with getting SideLoader to Find the Phone)

The main problem is that the USB drivers (from SDK) and the adb.exe used in the AC-SWM have to be from the same SDK.

Experia X10 Rooting (Win 7)... X10 is Build R2CA016

Get UniversalAndroot.apk from:

One click X10 root process released | Xperia X1
    -or-
    A new and simple root method..."UniversalAndroot" - Android @ MoDaCo

Install Google SDK from:

Android SDK | Android Developers
    You need the USB drivers from the dir:
    android-sdk-windows\usb_driver
    You will also need some files from:
    android-sdk-windows\tools

Extract files from android-sdk_r07-windows.zip
    Run the SDK Manager.exe

I ended up installing all of the SDKs but you may be able to update only the USB Drivers (Usb driver package, revision 3).

Get the SDK USB Driver to load (Not the one from the net)

Plug the X10 into your computer if you have not done so. Allow the USB drivers to be found on the net, and allow them to install. You can now look at the VIDs of your device by right-clicking on "Computer" and choosing "Manage", then choose "Device Manager" Choose the device "Sony Ericsson..." -> "Sony Ericsson ...". Then right-click properties. Goto the "Details" tab and choose "Hardware Ids". You can highlight these 2 IDs and copy them to notepad.

Edit the file "android-sdk-windows\usb_driver\android_winusb.inf" in note pad, and add the following to the section that has similar data...
    This data has what I found for my X10 phone in the prior step. It should be the same for your X10 phone (double check please).
    ;
    ;Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0FCE&PID_D12E&MI_01
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0FCE&PID_D12E&REV_0100&MI_01

Now to re-install the USB drivers...

Here's what I did...
    From the "Device Manager", uninstall (and check the delete files option) for the "Sony Ericsson ..." device.
    Unplug the device from your USB port.
    Disconnect your computer from the network. This will stop windows from automatically installing the drivers from the net.
    Plug the X10 back into the USB port.
    Allow windows to install the "Unkown Device" for the X10 Phone.
    Now, use the Device Manager to Update Drivers and point windows to look for drivers under "android-sdk-windows\usb_driver" (check the sub directories option). It should find and install the Adroid USB Development Drivers. I have found that "PC Connect" still works as expected with these drivers.

Get AC-SWM to use the correct files...
    Extract the AC-SWM-v1.0.zip to the directory AC-SWM-v1.0.

Now copy the following files from android-sdk-windows\tools to AC-SWM-v1.0\ replacing the existing files...
    - adb.exe
    - AdbWinApi.dll
    - AdbWinUsbApi.dll

At this point we have set up your computer with USB drivers and software that "Side loader Wounder Machine" can use to side load UniversalAndroot.apk on to the X10.

Finally, use Side loader Wounder Machine to install UniversalAndroot.apk.

Once installed, you can root and unroot with one easy click.

Hope this helps anyone out there who desires X10 root access.
    Have fun and respect the root!

I found a solution to the problem of Windows using its own drivers for my phone, now I never have any problem getting ADB apps to find my device - props to Nephron over at XDA -. Assuming you have already installed Android SDK :
    Take the "android-sdk-windows" folder and move it to the root of your hard drive (C:\)

Right click on My Computer and click properties
    Select the Advanced Tab or Advanced System Setting (Vista/Windows 7)
    Select Environment Variables...
    Press New

For Variable Name type: adb
    For Variable Value type: C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

Worked perfectly for me.

There's nothing wrong with Extro's suggestion above.. just saying this is what worked for me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links