Sony Xperia Case Reviews

This is a discussion on Sony Xperia Case Reviews within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; This thread will be dedicated to all Sony Xperia X10 case reviews. Help let the community know what's good, what to get, what to avoid!...

Thread: Sony Xperia Case Reviews

dandroid

Sony Xperia Case Reviews

This thread will be dedicated to all Sony Xperia X10 case reviews. Help let the community know what's good, what to get, what to avoid!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

X10 Otterbox Commuter Case Review

Good Morning to you all!
    I have had the pleasure of evaluating the X10 Commuter case made by Otterbox for the last couple of weeks. I will also be posting up some pictures of my device with this case on it here in the next couple of days, just so that you can see what it looks like...All Cased up! This case is composed of 3 Parts, The Outer Shell, Soft Plastic inner shell and the Screen protector.

I Evaluated the case on 4 levels, using a 1-5 system...(5 being the best, 1 being the lowest)

Here is what I rated this case on:

1. Case Construction/Functionability

2. Look and Feel

3. Overall satisfaction
    4. Value (The Bang for your Buck!)

1. Case Construction - I have used the otterbox line of products on my blackberries before switching over to the Android devices. This particular case, the Commuter series I am unfamiliar with. It doesn't appear or feel like it has made my phone any "bulkier" or "heavier" in that regard. It feels very sturdy in my hands as well. The problem I am seeing with it is the Screen protector. When you first get the case, it comes with one (1) protector, so should you accidentially botch the attempt at putting it on, you'll have to buy another protector. The applicator card that came with the screen protector also seems to be a bit flimsy, but over all...It feels like a very solid case. I also have dropped the phone (not on purpose) but on accident...Noting that the Otterbox Cases are designed to protect the phone from just about everything, there was no damage done to the phone. 4

2. Look & Feel - Overall, I like how the case feels. The sides are textured to almost enhance your grip on the phone, the back is smooth enough that it glides right into your pocket once you are done using it. The inner rubberized protection sleve (if you will) has a very comfortable feel as well. The Buttons all function with minimal effort, and I really like the fact that my headphone jack is protected by actually being "plugged" by the inner case. I will post a picture of this so it is more clear a little later on. 5

3. Overall Satisfaction - As I said above, I am VERY impressed with the Otterbox line of Products. I am used to using the Defender Pro series, which are completely different from their Commuter Line of products, However...this case really does what it is meant to do! Im confident enough in the line of products that they make to stand behind them 100% 5

4. The Bang for your Buck! - At a Price tag of $34.95 I would HIGHLY advise that you purchase this case! ESPECIALLY, If you're like me and you are intending on keeping this phone for a LONG TIME! Or, at least until you are eligable to upgrade again! It's definately worth the price tag, and Otterbox will get it out to you VERY FAST! A Direct link to this case is at:

Sony Xperia X10 Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

Nate Williams
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

WERA689
    Nice job, Nate. Thanks for sharing that. My experiences with Otterbox have been similarly great, though they were too late to market with Nexus cases to capture me this time.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Nice job, Nate. Thanks for sharing that. My experiences with Otterbox have been similarly great, though they were too late to market with Nexus cases to capture me this time.
    NBD! Glad to drop my two cents about the case as it's pretty nice!
    Nate
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

Incipio Edge

When I got my phone I bought this case since I can't really baby it at my job. I could have gotten one cheaper elsewhere (local accessory shop) but they were closed already the night I picked up my phone. So anyways, here goes.

Contents
    Incipio really goes above and beyond with this one, including the 2 piece "rubberized" polycarbonate case only. The case is black in color.

Intial Thoughts/Observations

Being a user of a SwitchEasy NeoTouch case for my iPod Touch 3g, I expected more. The NeoTouch case is also a 2 piece hard shell case with a nearly identical texture and feel to this case but it's also got a super thin silicone sleeve that goes on first to help protect the device not only from bumps/drops but also the hard case itself. The Edge tries to accomplish this by adding a couple of "rubber stops" to the inside of each of the 2 pieces that make up this case. While they do hold the case on tightly, might even provide a little shock absorption, I think they missed the boat when they decided not to line the inner edges of the case (the one's that slide onto the face of the phone) with the same material.

Unlike the NeoTouch case, this case did not come with a microfiber cloth, device stand (for use when watching movies), screen protector or the afformentioned silicone sleeve (or something of that nature). As much as this case costed ($30) it would have been nice at least have gotten a screen protector included.

Fit and Finish
    When I got home I wiped the phone down with a microfiber cloth and slid the two pieces on to the phone. Because of the rubber stops inside the case it goes on with a bit of friction, but nothing troublesome. It's actually reassuring, you know the phone won't be sliding around inside. With the two pieces installed not only do they mate up perfectly to each other but the button cutouts are fat finger friendly! (Thanks Incipio). You won't be needing to look for anything to help make accessing the buttons or ports easier, plenty of room for access to all even if you have sausages for fingers like me The opening around the LED and camera lens are beveled as well to ensure the case does not interfere with either.

The texture of the case is along the lines of a velvety rubber. Sorry to keep making references to the NeoTouch but while it too is mainly made of this same material, it utilizes raw polycarbonate sides which makes it more grippy. The Edge could benefit from doing the same as no matter if your hands are clean or dirty, it seems as if the phone can slide out of your hand very easily due to the slippery feel of the material. That being said, the finish of the case is beautiful and has "INCIPIO" engraved into it on the backside.

This case does add a decent amount of bulk to the phone, which for me wasn't a deal breaker due to the fact that I don't have it in my pocket much. Besides, owning a phone with a 4.3" screen ensures that you're not going to be carrying this thing on you without knowing it anyway so a little extra girth/protection can't hurt, right?

Value
    This is the first and only case I've ever seen or know about for this phone so I don't know how much others cost and can only base this on the cost of other covers I've had for other devices and what I got for my money. As i'm sure you can figure, i'm not too terribly impressed with what I got for $30. Yes it will protect my phone and look good doing so, but if you truly want to protect your phone you'd still have to buy a screen protector for it which is probably around $10. That brings the total cost of this to about $40, $10 more than my iPod NeoTouch case, and still without a microfiber, device stand, headphone jack extension, or silicone sleeves.

Conclusion
    With a sexy understated look that gives the user full and easy access to all buttons and ports, this case fits securely yet makes an already bulky phone even more so. The lack of an included screen protector makes it necessary to buy one and the slippery feel of the case isn't very comforting.

I rate this case 3 out of 5 stars

Name:  SonyEricssonXperiaX10EdgeCamera-big.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  24.8 KBName:  SE-100a-copy.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  85.0 KBName:  SE-100b-copy.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  88.6 KB

I have PDair Leather Case for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.

Its great Xperia X10 accessories, should be protected from dirt, thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel984 View Post
    NBD! Glad to drop my two cents about the case as it's pretty nice!
    Nate
    Thanks for sharing! I would love to see some close up pics of the case.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links