2.1 Review on the X10

This is a discussion on 2.1 Review on the X10 within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I'll drop my two cents on the matter, just because this is WELL WORTH Doing! I Flashed mine over to the Generic 2.1 (Found on ...

Thread: 2.1 Review on the X10

2.1 Review on the X10

I'll drop my two cents on the matter, just because this is WELL WORTH Doing!

I Flashed mine over to the Generic 2.1 (Found on XDA's website) last week..Talk about a SUBSTANTIAL Difference! From HD Video recording, to better quality with the sound when on the phone. Mediascape and Timescape seem to work just fine as well. It's NOT Rooted (as of yet) so I dont know all of the stuff that can be done, But I am enjoying seeing Live wallpapers, amongst other things!

The only thing I would sugguest to those who want to flash their phone over to 2.1, is MAKE SURE you back up your APN's!!!! There is a tool in the market to do it, Along with you CAN just do it the hard way, and write them down...

This phone not only works better now, it SCREAMS! I've noticed something odd with it though. While Driving through the major cities in Colorado (Denver and Colorado Springs for the time being...I'll see what happens up north later on Sunday night) My service goes from 3G to "H" which is indicated up by the signal bar...I have two thoughts...

Either it's 4G, Or another band that mine has managed to pick up...Not 100% sure, but when I hit Denver today, I'll run a Speed Test and post up the results...
    OR
    it's just a fault in the phone - I doubt it, But anything IS possible!

My GUESS says that it's 4G, And it probably hasn't been pushed out to everyone else with this phone as of yet, But that's just what I think.
    Nate
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I believe you are picking up High-Speed Downlink Packet Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which is not quite 4G (unless you are T-Mobile, hehe). I believe that currently ATT only uses it for their data cards/modems. It is high end 3G supporting speeds up to 7.2mpbs I think.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

HSDPA is 3.5G. It is faster than 3G. There is also a HSDPA+, which is what T-Mobile is calling 4G. Most AT&T phones, released this year, support HSDPA. Some of them support HSDPA+.

I Tested it while going down through Colorado Springs, into Denver...It Looks like I'm seeing sppeds of 853k down and 918k up. Can't complain too much about that...It seems thought that voice calls are MUCH clearer when it's picking up the "H" network..Eitherway, it's kinda cool
    Nate

And just because it amuses me, I'm on the Edge Network here (inside the jail) and showing speeds of 13k down and 49k up...HUGE difference, but then again, I'm in the Mountains, and 3G with AT&T isn't available up here as of yet...Probably wont be either.
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

you might b using something faster than 3G maybe HSDPA which is 3.5G. T-Mobile uses the HSDPA+ technology as 4G. by far you are getting great services enjoy using it without any worries.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links