Battery life is unimpressive!

This is a discussion on Battery life is unimpressive! within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I've had my X10 for 2 days now and I have to say that the battery life leaves alot to be desired. I was reading ...

Thread: Battery life is unimpressive!

Battery life is unimpressive!

I've had my X10 for 2 days now and I have to say that the battery life leaves alot to be desired. I was reading on ways to increase battery life and someone said that if you reboot the phone as soon as you finish charging that it somehow helps. Any truth to that? I also heard: Task managers are worthless because apps "running" in the background aren't really running and consuming battery/cpu power, they're more "in idle" until called upon. Turn off 3g/bluetooth/wifi when not using. Some went so far as to put the phone in airplane mode Set screen timeout to 15 seconds Turn off location feature Am I missing anything? It kinda sucks when you look at your phone at lunch time and notice your battery is a quarter of the way gone and you haven't even touched your phone all day

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is a simple one!
    Make sure and FIRST, Flash your X10 over to 2.1 (you can download the firmware on XDA's website, and the instructions on how to flash it are VERY simple!) Once you get that done, it helps GREATLY with Battery Life.

Task Killers are GREAT! Download the one from the market from ReChild...It's the best thus far, Turn off Bluetooth, GPS and Wifi if you're not using them...That helps too.

everything else you've done looks good...I bought an extended life battery from Radio shack and haven't had a problem since...I keep both batteries fully charged too, just incase something should happen! But I think it's a worth while investment.

When you flash it over to 2.1, make sure you back up your APN's first!!!! otherwise, you wont have any service.
    Nate

Almost Forgot! When you DO flash over to 2.1, It will debrand your phone to an X10i, Dont worry about that..It doesn't mean anything! just make SURE AND BACK UP YOUR APN!!!
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

I can get two solid days on my X10 with 2.1 and all the bloatware removed. The Global 2.1 I loaded (and the Brazil generic I have now) includes an email client called Moxier. Removing this app not only improved performance but my battery is doing better as well. During my battery testing, I also tried using Handcent SMS and it absolutely killed my battery. I have never used any task killers. You can download an app called Spare Parts and it will show you what is using up the battery.

On 2.1, it's also better to use LauncherPro instead of the Sony Home. You can even completely remove Sony's home app, if you have root. Of course, root is required to remove Moxier as well. Finally, the Global and Brazil generic 2.1 ROMs include a GPS app called Wise Pilot, I also removed this app.

I'm going to look in to upgrading to 2.1, we'll see how that works out.

My battery lasts me about a day, and that's barely using it. When I say barely I mean, 5 texts, 3-5 5 min. phone calls, and about 10 min. of wifi access. Doesn't seem like much use to me but my battery thinks otherwise.

Well, haven't flashed to 2.1 but seem to have found the key to unlocking the potential of the battery. Since I got the phone on Wednesday, the battery barely lasts a day. Today I tried something I found online, I rebooted the phone after charging it up all the way and immediately after unplugging it from the charger. I turned my phone on this morning around 9am, i've done some texting, made/taken about 5-10 phone calls, played around on the phone a bit to get rid of unwanted contacts, set ringtones, uninstalled a few apps, played around in handcent a bit, browed the Market, played a few songs, etc., and here we are at 6pm and i've only lost 20%!

Needless to say, I'll be doing this after every charge!! Just wanted to share this experience with you.

The company has claimed a talk time for up to 10 hours for the Sony xperia x10 but its only give 5 to 6 hours in the first few days of the phone only. battery life has always been an issue in the Sony Xperia's.

That is a good topic, thanks for your sharing.

Well, I have since rooted and flashed my phone to a custom version of GB made by Wolfbreak and I gotta tell you my phone has never been faster, smoother or more stable. Battery life, wow, I can get 2 days easily now, 3 if I push it. No more complaints about battery life for me!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links