Best way to back up all the info?

This is a discussion on Best way to back up all the info? within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; I was about to run the SEUS and it told me to back up my phone first. Iknow that i'm going to need to be ...

Thread: Best way to back up all the info?

Best way to back up all the info?

I was about to run the SEUS and it told me to back up my phone first. Iknow that i'm going to need to be able to do so when I get ready to flash it to 2.1 so I figured might as well get this figured out. Is there an app that can do this for me or will I need to do so manually? Any suggestions on the best way to go about this would be appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do you have root access on the phone? I believe that there are a couple of apps that can back things up, but to _REALLY_ back everything up you are going to need root access and perform a Nandroid backup. Also, with root you can use apps like Titanium Backup which will let you backup all the apps on your phone, along with their data. File managers like Astro can backup user installed apps without root, but it only gets the apps, not their data.

Exactly what information were you wanting to backup? With Android phones your contacts and things are usually sync'd with Google so those should be safe and should sync back with the phone in the case of a reset or anything.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Do you have root access on the phone? I believe that there are a couple of apps that can back things up, but to _REALLY_ back everything up you are going to need root access and perform a Nandroid backup. Also, with root you can use apps like Titanium Backup which will let you backup all the apps on your phone, along with their data. File managers like Astro can backup user installed apps without root, but it only gets the apps, not their data.

Exactly what information were you wanting to backup? With Android phones your contacts and things are usually sync'd with Google so those should be safe and should sync back with the phone in the case of a reset or anything.
    No, not rooted. I want to backup all my data, contacts, apn, ringtones, etc., everything.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links