Android 2.1 issues

This is a discussion on Android 2.1 issues within the Sony Xperia X10 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Itīs now 1 week since I have the 2.1 installed on my X10a. In general I like it, it has many useful features and the ...

Thread: Android 2.1 issues

Android 2.1 issues

Itīs now 1 week since I have the 2.1 installed on my X10a. In general I like it, it has many useful features and the handling is better than before.

But I have a few issues that I find extremely annoying.

The phone displays contact pictures only blurry, even the original pictures are really good.
    It did not happen with Android 1.6

Mediascape created an own "friend folder" that I canīt delete, in this folder the phone connects random facebook people with existing album pictures. It only disappears when I delete this contact pictures. What can I do?

The battery life got worse, it was not good before, but now itīs a nightmare.
    I already installed Advanced Task Killer and set it on the highest levels according to the Developer page advices. Still not good, donīt get through the day with my X10. I have it on for 8 hours and itīs only 25% left. Normal use, nothing that exceeds the standard use of a phone. I was hoping for a better performance.

Maybe you have the same experiences or you know a solution.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Task killers are a no-no. They use more battery than they save.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk.

He's right. T.K's were necessary in the beginning but now Android doesn't need them. It's more folk lore than anything.

Your blurry picture is a problem with 2.1, And they all do it. I mean all versions of 2.1 no matter who ROM'd it.

Images Look Blurry On Android 2.1? There?s A Reason For That*|*Tech Alps

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwhite87 View Post
    Task killers are a no-no. They use more battery than they save.

Not completely true. Task killers are useful to have but they don't need to be used very often. Some IM programs that run in the background, constantly using data, are one prime example. Once you sign in, you can't actually exit the app, but it's constantly keeping communication with it's gateway server, sapping your battery in the process... use a task-killer to kill it.

Most people use task killers to kill ALL tasks, when in all actuality that's not how it was intended to be used.

They ARE necessary on older versions? Do I need to tell my father in law to re-install his? He has an x10 with 1.6....

Battery life

Many times I red itīs important to set the sync frequency for google, calendar, emails... down in order to save battery power.
    Where can I change these settings in 2.1 ?

They aren't particularly "necessary" but I would say they are more useful on older versions.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I dont know what you've got running on your X10 Dan, But I've noticed a pretty decent improvement in Battery Life. I dont run the Live Wallpapers or any of that other Jazz, so that could be why.

The only issue I've had with 2.1 is when I make calls...Sometimes, it doesn't lock the screen, and I end up calling someone else. I did that last week and was talking with my Wife, while calling one of the other Sheriff's Office's here in Colorado...NBD, Just a minor issue...I Solved it by getting a bluetooth LOL!

Otherwise, 2.1 is Great...you might wanna try to Root it, that may solve some of your problems.
    Nate

Yeah blurry pictures is a problem i am also facing with the Android 2.1. But only huge size photos with high resolution seem to be blurry. All other pictures and displaying really fine. I would also like to know a solution for it if there is any.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links