Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (E15i) Unlock

This is a discussion on Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (E15i) Unlock within the Sony Xperia X8 forums, part of the Sony Android Phones category; Hello, Someone gave me a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 E15i and I'm wondering how to unlock it. I was thinking that it's easy to unlock ...

Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (E15i) Unlock

Unhappy Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (E15i) Unlock

Someone gave me a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 E15i and I'm wondering how to unlock it. I was thinking that it's easy to unlock because unlocking an iPhone is really easy and free of charge most of the time. Is it also possible with Sony Ericsson phones specifically the Android-based ones?

I did some research about the unlock code stuffs and a money must be used to use it but is there an alternative for that? Like is it possible to completely unlock a phone using a software and just the USB cable that comes with the phone?

I badly need to use a different network on that phone. Please help me out.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    196 times
    That kind of unlocking can potentially take a long time and has the capacity to brick your phone -- and voids your warranty. If you would still like to proceed I can see if I can find anything.

Hi, I joined to ask the exact same question, lol. Is there any way I can get a code for it to be unlocked to o2? It's on 3 at the moment. thanks in advance!

Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast, Baby!
    519 times
    IMD, if you're asking if it is possible to unlock the sim area on your phone, the answer is sure - just run a Google search for your phone, with the word "unlock". There are a half dozen or more companies who will be glad to send you a code to unlock the sim...for a price of course. Want it unlocked for free? Start with calling your carrier and explaining your situation - they may or may not be willing to send you the same unlocking code as the online companies, as a freebie.

If you're talking about unlocking your bootloader, and rooting your phone, that's a different story and more complicated. I am not at all familiar with Sony Ericson Xperia phones, and haven't a clue as to how you proceed to do the necessary work. As furbearingmammal pointed out in post #2, it can be tricky to do but if you want to go that route, contact him and accept his invitation for help.

Good luck, either way.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

New Jersey
    When Unlocking, always use unlocking codes. Unlocking by software will damage the phone and erase all data's. I had a personal experience in unlocking my Sony Xperia X10 phone with where their services are good and their services are cheap.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links