HTC EVO 4G Very Scratch Resistant

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Very Scratch Resistant within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; It looks like a forum user named Roman G had a defect on his HTC EVO 4G, so he decided before he took it back ...

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Very Scratch Resistant

Admin

HTC EVO 4G Very Scratch Resistant

It looks like a forum user named Roman G had a defect on his HTC EVO 4G, so he decided before he took it back that it would be a great time to do a mondo scratch test on his EVO.

Utilizing all manner of objects, such as a metal screw, key, razor blade and a penny to the screen he did a thorough test. Be sure to watch the video for the full rundown.

The EVO fared very well, but please take note, the glass covering the camera lens didn't fare nearly as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeoAl-94bks]YouTube - HTC Evo 4g scratch test![/ame]

Source: EVO 4G Scratch Test Says This Thing Can Take Some Wear, Maybe Even Tear | Android Phone Fans

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

:O i clenched when i saw that razor blade ... thats crazy!

Very Interesting. Now I'm on the fence on whether or not to use a screen protector. Any thoughts?

I don't use a screen protector, I see no reason to. It's glass.

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    I made a comment in one of the other threads that after seeing this there is no point of buying a screen protector. I saw this too late as I bought one and had them put it on for me. Now, I see there is no need for it as proven by this video.

Thanks for taking the risk to test that for all of us to see!

Videos like that are, in reality, pointless. It proves nothing. Doesn't matter if you have an iPhone, Evo, or anything with a glass screen - It WILL scratch. Put the phone in the same pocket as your keys and see what happens after a month. Want a real screen test? Rub the screen against a brick wall for a minute. You do not need something as hard as or harder than glass to scratch it. To make clean cuts, yes. But to be abrade the surface, no.

Don't be an idiot - put a screen protector on. I really can't believe that people see videos like that and automatically assume they are safe from scratches.

I have changed my thinking in this regard. I noticed a few very minor scratches so I had to get a protector. I am using a phantom skinz protector that works great and doesn't cause finger drag like some of the other "invisible" protectors out there.

Here's the best solution for protecting the camera lens

This is the best solutions I've found for preventing my camera lens from getting scratched and I've tried a few. It's called the Lens Protector and it eliminates the problem without the need for a case and is very inexpensive.... Problem solved and I get to "Go Naked" !

I bought it from Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Protects-Scratches-Incredible-Installation/dp/B004GZSXQI/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=mobile&qid=1296169507&sr=8-12]Amazon.com: Cell Phone Camera Lens Protector (2 PER Box, Protects the Exposed Camera Lens From Scratches and Damage for the HTC Sprint Evo and Verizon Droid Incredible Without the Need for a Bulky Case). Easy Installation and Allows the Back Cover to[/ame]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links