HTC EVO 4G OTA Update (1.47.651.1, improves wifi)

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G OTA Update (1.47.651.1, improves wifi) within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; We have received reports of an OTA update hitting some HTC EVO 4G phones. The update appears to add 802.11n Wi-Fi support and contains minor ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G OTA Update (1.47.651.1, improves wifi)

Admin

HTC EVO 4G OTA Update (1.47.651.1, improves wifi)

We have received reports of an OTA update hitting some HTC EVO 4G phones. The update appears to add 802.11n Wi-Fi support and contains minor bug fixes.

Please let us know if you have received the OTA, what changes you may have noticed, etc...

Source: Gizmodo

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Received my update this moning

I haven't had time to see what updated, but I did receive it.

I just got it. If it adds 802.11n support, that will just affect you if your wifi router is 802.11n (which mine is.)

Otherwise, your phone will just connect to your router using g.

I don't use wifi at home because, well, I would have to have 2 radios on, one for wifi and one for mobile, and that drains the battery more. If I was not on an unlimited plan I would be on wifi at home. So I probably won't be able to report any noticeable difference in performance.

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    I just received and download or should I say updated my phone with the new code release 1.47...so far I am in the office and have not noticed any difference. I will need to be outside and use the phone to fully appreciate the update.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

We have received reports of an OTA update hitting some HTC EVO 4G phones. The update appears to add 802.11n Wi-Fi support and contains minor bug fixes.

Please let us know if you have received the OTA, what changes you may have noticed, etc...

Source: Gizmodo
    It bricked my phone.

If you are using UnRevolked root, THIS WILL BREAK YOUR ROOT! This has been confirmed on several different phones. If you have not used Toastch's two part method you will, posibly never get root again.

Quote Originally Posted by Varo View Post
    If you are using UnRevolked root, THIS WILL BREAK YOUR ROOT! This has been confirmed on several different phones. If you have not used Toastch's two part method you will, posibly never get root again.
    I know it breaks the unrevoked root but can't I still root using toast's method after doing the OTA? That was the impression that I got.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varo View Post
    I know it breaks the unrevoked root but can't I still root using toast's method after doing the OTA? That was the impression that I got.
    So far, no one has been able to do it that I've read about. Of course its way early in the day as far as how long the update has been out. I'm thinking that within a few days, toastch or someone else will come out with a new updated root.

I was reading this and picked up my phone and there was the up-date .
    Done the up date OTA and really havent notice any difference , nothing that I see has changed ???
    We will see how the data speeds are , I have had really slow speeds the last couple of days , WI-FI and 3g (no 4g here yet ) .

Images of update process.

I just posted a series of screen shots (one EVO taking pictures of another getting the update) on my website. www.1486Girl.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links