Don't update that EVO - Some getting bricked!

This is a discussion on Don't update that EVO - Some getting bricked! within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; As we posted earlier Sprint was doing some OTA updates to the HTC EVO 4G, but the update has now been pulled. Apparently it was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't update that EVO - Some getting bricked!

Admin

Don't update that EVO - Some getting bricked!

As we posted earlier Sprint was doing some OTA updates to the HTC EVO 4G, but the update has now been pulled. Apparently it was bricking some phones, so until they are able to rectify the situation we would not advise updating your phones.

Sprint has the following to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint
    While the vast majority of consumers successfully downloaded and installed the most recent HTC EVO 4G software update, we have received a handful of reports from customers having some issues with the update. In light of this, HTC and Sprint have decided to temporarily halt distribution of this software release until we can investigate further. We expect to be able to resume software updates shortly.
    Did anyone get this update? Working good or not working? Let us know in the comments.

Source: Mobilecrunch.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got it earlier today. It installed without a hitch.

Got the update earlier and no problem. It did take a while and the phone rebooted several times. I just let it run its course and no issues. Have to say though if i seen the warning before the update i would have waited.

I was going to download it tonight. Glad I checked here first. Thanks for the update!

what jak said...

i download this afternoon without issues, damn shoot me no longer works

I was just at Sprint communities and it appears that it has been a world wide problem and have stopped the updates .
    So everybody thought it was hard to get an EVO before wait till they have to replace all those bricked phones WOW !!!

OH , mine updated with no problems

One other thing i have an app called paint joy that i used to show me the grounding problem. The whole top half of my screen would not respond to touch while sitting on my bed (non issue) but holding the phone in one hand gave me touch response on the whole screen. After the update the phone works in hand or not very well. On the other hand my shoot me app dont work any more

mine downloaded this afternoon with no problems. Are there any 32gb memory cards out yet? (at reasonable $$)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links