Sprint has EVO update available again, should be fixed

This is a discussion on Sprint has EVO update available again, should be fixed within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; If you've been holding off on that HTC EVO update because you've been worried you might brick your phone now is the time to update. ...

Thread: Sprint has EVO update available again, should be fixed

Admin

Sprint has EVO update available again, should be fixed

If you've been holding off on that HTC EVO update because you've been worried you might brick your phone now is the time to update. Sprint has updated the update and it is now saying it's safe to upgrade.

If you've already done the update, no need to do it again. However if you haven't, feel free.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Sprint has updated the update
    Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of that?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Sprint has updated the update
    Am I the only one who got a chuckle out of that?

Nope .

Admin
    Yah, was funny when I wrote it

Junior Member NICK_sprintdroids's Avatar
    I was wondering if it is true that you loose alot of things with this update??? they say you gain wifi signal and a few minor bugs fix...but what do you loose? for exp. i heard you can't turn off sense?:confused::4g::sprintyellow:

The only thing I lost was the ShootMe app stopped working. It is intended for rooted phones but it worked on the EVO until the update. Haven't tried to turn off Sense yet but I think Metalhead was running LauncherPro after the update with no issues (other than the bugs in LauncherPro.)

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post
    The only thing I lost was the ShootMe app stopped working. It is intended for rooted phones but it worked on the EVO until the update. Haven't tried to turn off Sense yet but I think Metalhead was running LauncherPro after the update with no issues (other than the bugs in LauncherPro.)
    You can still disable Sense after the update, it just got rid of the stock Android launcher.

Since i updated my phone i have better battery life, the grounding issue with the screen's response to touch is fixed. The internet also seems a little faster to me. I also lost the shoot me app which was pretty handy (hope froyo will bring that back). All and all i would have updated for the battery life alone (big improvement).

Junior Member NICK_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Thank guy!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links