CM6 for Evo 4G in the works, will bring BT HID profiles, full HDMI and more [Video]

This is a discussion on CM6 for Evo 4G in the works, will bring BT HID profiles, full HDMI and more [Video] within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Update 7/19/2010 @ 1:32PM EST: CM6 Nightly Build for Evo available for DL here . Google Apps must be downloaded separately, and can be found ...

Thread: CM6 for Evo 4G in the works, will bring BT HID profiles, full HDMI and more [Video]

CM6 for Evo 4G in the works, will bring BT HID profiles, full HDMI and more [Video]

Update 7/19/2010 @ 1:32PM EST: CM6 Nightly Build for Evo available for DL here. Google Apps must be downloaded separately, and can be found here. via Android Central

What good is a phone with a Cyanogen FroYo ROM? Well, for those of us following CyanogenMod's progress know that Cyanogen and his team of merry developers are hard at work building CM6 for the HTC Evo 4G. Cyanogen's work is certainly second-to-none, and while we wait in anticipation, we have a few teasers on what to expect on your Evo 4G in the near future.

First off, expect the front and rear cameras to be fully functional with CM6. Secondly, Bluetooth HID profiles will be enabled. This will allow you to pair and connect keyboards, mice, and Bluetooth devices. CM6 will even have an option to implement a mouse cursor, which will allow you to peruse your device with a mouse, as if it were your Desktop PC. And finally, expect to see fully-working HDMI-out. Currently, HDMI-out is limited to playing user-created videos, but soon you will be able to display anything on your phone via HDMI-out.

Check out a rather blurry video by chemlabshade, showcasing BlueTooth HID on the Evo:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2YkIQfsUg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Bluetooth HID on HTC Evo[/ame]

Eventually, the idea will be for you to be able to hook your Evo 4G to a monitor via HDMI-out, and use HID profiles to connect a keyboard and mouse, thus creating a pseudo-desktop workstation. Let's hope we see some of these unique CM6 features on other Android devices as well!

Make sure to follow Cyanogen on Twitter for further updates!

via Android Central
    Photo courtesy of Addictive Tips

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by wuyanks View Post
    And finally, expect to see fully-working HDMI-out. Currently, HDMI-out is limited to playing user-created videos, but soon you will be able to display anything on your phone via HDMI-out.
    Actually, this is not true. I just hooked up my EVO to my 52" HD TV and got quite a bit to work. TV.com worked flawlessly. So did YouTube. Basically everything I tried worked. I'm not even sure if all the content was HD or not. The HD content definately worked and it looked great.

HDMI upgrades are coming - thankfully

So, is it already working? I guess I haven't checked in a couple of weeks.

What good is a phone with a Cyanogen FroYo ROM? Well, for those of us following CyanogenMod's progress know that Cyanogen and his team of merry developers are hard at work building CM6 for the HTC Evo 4G. Cyanogen's work is certainly second-to-none, and while we wait in anticipation, we have a few teasers on what to expect on your Evo 4G in the near future.

First off, expect the front and rear cameras to be fully functional with CM6. Secondly, Bluetooth HID profiles will be enabled. This will allow you to pair and connect keyboards, mice, and Bluetooth devices. CM6 will even have an option to implement a mouse cursor, which will allow you to peruse your device with a mouse, as if it were your Desktop PC. And finally, expect to see fully-working HDMI-out. Currently, HDMI-out is limited to playing user-created videos, but soon you will be able to display anything on your phone via HDMI-out.

Check out a rather blurry video by chemlabshade, showcasing BlueTooth HID on the Evo:

YouTube - Bluetooth HID on HTC Evo

Eventually, the idea will be for you to be able to hook your Evo 4G to a monitor via HDMI-out, and use HID profiles to connect a keyboard and mouse, thus creating a pseudo-desktop workstation. Let's hope we see some of these unique CM6 features on other Android devices as well!

Make sure to follow Cyanogen on Twitter for further updates!

via Android Central
    Photo courtesy of Addictive Tips

Quote Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
    And finally, expect to see fully-working HDMI-out. Currently, HDMI-out is limited to playing user-created videos, but soon you will be able to display anything on your phone via HDMI-out.
    Actually, this is not true. I just hooked up my EVO to my 52" HD TV and got quite a bit to work. TV.com worked flawlessly. So did YouTube. Basically everything I tried worked. I'm not even sure if all the content was HD or not. The HD content definately worked and it looked great.
    thanks for the updated info. May i ask, can you display anything on your phone, like while you are within your homescreens, or while you are running apps? This is what i truly mean about "full hdmi"

OP edited: CM6 available for dl now! (nightly build)

CyanogenMod 6 nightly build for HTC Evo available for download | Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
    thanks for the updated info. May i ask, can you display anything on your phone, like while you are within your homescreens, or while you are running apps? This is what i truly mean about "full hdmi"
    Homescreens and other stuff displays on your phone. Only the content or video you display on your tv does not show on your phone at the same time.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links