EVO 4G to receive Android 2.2 update, starting tomorrow

This is a discussion on EVO 4G to receive Android 2.2 update, starting tomorrow within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Rich are you gonna do the update? I said for sure i was gonna wait, till i heard everyone on all the forum's getting it. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EVO 4G to receive Android 2.2 update, starting tomorrow

Rich are you gonna do the update? I said for sure i was gonna wait, till i heard everyone on all the forum's getting it. I had to and no complaints.

Yeah, as soon as my phone tells me it's available. I'm not in any super hurry.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

So will this update be optional for the end user? i.e. Will they have the choice to update when they want or will it be an auto update and just happen? My reason is if it will take 20+ mins to complete, I'd like to hold off on updating the phone till it's at a time of the day when I'm not in need of the phone.

Someone mentioned a 30 minute update reminder? Not to sure about that. I think you will be given the choice but i'm really not sure. For me it took only about 10 minutes to complete once i had the file on my computer. It was really a simple process, and this was the first phone mod i have ever done so i was a little intimidated.

Metalhead now that you've had 2.2 for a few days what is your take?
    So far for me i am impressed but more for the minor changes like teslaflashlight, and the screen rotates when you type your google search. I also went threw one by one and moved many apps to sd. I was wishing the 30 fps would break but no deal for now i guess. I keep finding little changes i like on the speed has improved but i have not noticed a huge difference.

So far I think it's great. The speed improvements are definitely welcome, the flash support is awesome, the new messaging features are pretty cool too. I haven't started moving anything to SD yet, but as soon as I have a few free minutes I will start transferring. Chrome to phone is by far one of the coolest features of this update. Now that I have the ability to instantly send stuff from my laptop to my phone with the click of a button, I don't know how I ever lived without that feature.

I do have a couple complaints though. First off, the droid x multitouch keyboard doesn't work with froyo so I've been using better keyboard with the ultra kb hero skin. While I like it better than the stock htc keyboard, it just can't compare with the speed of the droid x multitouch. Hopefully as soon as the droid x gets froyo we'll have the keyboard again. Another complaint is the 270 degree screen rotation. Why do we need it? It is more of a nuisance than anything. When I lay in bed and play with my Evo, now it rotates when before it wouldn't, making it terribly annoying to use. Also, a TON of my paid apps are not available to me in the market anymore so I lost a bunch of stuff. I'm assuming it has something to do with the Evo not being on Google's froyo list yet.

Complaints aside, I am happy with the update. I feel that the Evo is finally starting to live up to its hype. Now all we need is the 30fps fix and then it will be without a doubt the best phone out there.

I've been running the 2.2 since the rooted version came out, and upgraded to the new kernel today. WOW! Super fast, 5 touch points, 55fps, but with a loss of the 8 megapixel camera to 3 meg. Oh well, I can live with that for sure. All in all, I really like the 2.2 over 2.1.

Update: My market is working again. I cleared the market data and cache, and now all my paid apps are back.

Varo what kernel are you using?

Looks like the OTA started going out, for real tonight!

Evo 4G's official Froyo update pushing out now! (Update: It's really real) | Android Central

OP updated

2.2 is out

just down loaded 2.2 working fine

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links