EVO 4G to receive Android 2.2 update, starting tomorrow

This is a discussion on EVO 4G to receive Android 2.2 update, starting tomorrow within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Update 8/2 9:00PM EST: The official 2.2 update has started rolling out! Let us know your first thoughts of the update. (via Android Central ) ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EVO 4G to receive Android 2.2 update, starting tomorrow

EVO 4G to receive Android 2.2 update, starting August 3rd

Update 8/2 9:00PM EST: The official 2.2 update has started rolling out! Let us know your first thoughts of the update. (via Android Central)

Update 7/31 8:43PM EST: Sprint announced that the EVO 4G will be receiving the 2.2 OTA on August 3rd!

We have some great news for EVO 4G users, as you will soon be getting a tasty frozen treat. Starting August 1st, you will be joining the Nexus One as the only Android phones to have Android 2.2. Now this has not been made official by Sprint just yet. But the leaked internal documents are very clear about the expected upgrade dates. Also planned is an announcement for tomorrow about the update tomorrow, on Friday, in the AM. Following the announcement, a small "sample" group will receive the 2.2 OTA update, then if all goes well, the update will be dispatched to the rest of the EVOs. Now, we all know the tendency of the major carriers to push back dates at the last moment, so nothing is a certainty. However, we're liking the odds on this one.

Not only will the OTA update include all those 2.2 goodies, but also light-assisted 720p recording, new and improved widgets, and an LED flashlight mode.

Check out a full list of updates below:

<table height="18" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="1"><tbody><tr><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td>
    </td><td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Source: Engadget

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeeeah buddy!

WOOO HOOO!!!

Need the flash and the animated GIFs (to look at radar loops.)
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

I had a horrible day today, but this news was still able to bring a smile to my face. Can't wait. Hope there's a fix for the 30fps cap amidst all the upgrades.

I have to admit i started to smile when i read this. I will wait a few days after its out just to make sure there is no issues like last time. Better safe then sorry know what i mean lol

Yeah, I'm going to wait until other people have successfully updated before I go ahead with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    I had a horrible day today, but this news was still able to bring a smile to my face. Can't wait. Hope there's a fix for the 30fps cap amidst all the upgrades.
    I've been running Netarchy's custom kernal for the 30fps fix for awhile now, and I love it. That being said:

IF YOU HAVE ROOT AND DON'T WANT TO LOSE IT, DON'T UPDATE UNTIL THE DEV'S RELEASE A ROOTED VERSION.

I like being able to tether, and modify my phone, so I'll have to wait a little longer than most, but it will be worth it.

I installed the update last night, and I must say the speed improvements are amazing. Everything loads much faster, the phone turns on much faster, it's just blazing. 38 mflops in linpack.

The only issue I have is that a lot of my games aren't froyo compatible yet. Minor inconvenience.

Yea i missed the update and now its gone. I guess i have to wait till the 3rd

Today is just July 31 ? And the update will come in Aug 3.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links