Problems With Battery Life? Here's The Solution!

This is a discussion on Problems With Battery Life? Here's The Solution! within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; It's called JuiceDefender and many of our posters have seen me extolling it's virtues for a couple weeks now. I know calling it "the solution" ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems With Battery Life? Here's The Solution!

Problems With Battery Life? Here's The Solution!

It's called JuiceDefender and many of our posters have seen me extolling it's virtues for a couple weeks now. I know calling it "the solution" is an awfully bold statement but it really does live up to its name. It works on a simple, yet effective premise- if you're not using it, than why leave it on? The "it" I'm refering to in this case your 3G data connection, and JuiceDefender turns it off automatically when you're not using it.

We have all heard and witnessed horror with the 4G/ WiMax radio and its power hungry ways, but the real killer here is the 3G radio. Sure 4G drains the battery quicker than 3G, but most people turn off 4G when not in use- pretty much everyone I know that has an Android phone leaves their 3G turned on at all times. JuiceDefender will turn it off for you when your screen is off, when you're on a phone call, when your battery is low, when you're near a wifi access point and other conditions as well. It can also throttle your CPU if your phone is rooted.

After using it for just one day I noticed a dramatic increase in battery life. My phone loses a fraction of what it lost before when asleep. I used to hate picking my phone up after letting it sit for a couple hours and seeing as much as 15% of the battery life gone from just sitting there. With JuiceDefender enabled, that 15% has gone down to just 1%. No exageration, with JuiceDefender on I only lose 1-2% of battery overnight. 5 star app.

You can download a limited version of JuiceDefender from the market for free, and if you like it as much as I do you can fully unlock it for about $5 by downloading UltimateJuice.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1up for JuiceDefender, also JuicePlotter will track your usage and gives you a widget that calculates time left on your charge.

I have to totally disagree with this assessment of this godsawful program. it doesn't work and it slows my Evo down to a crawl. I've tired it on 3 separate occasions and without fail it was crapware. Plus, the interface is VERY confusing (in my opinion). It needs less noise on one screen.

Well, everybody is entitled to their opinions. I have been using it for many weeks now with great success and so far everybody who I have recommended it to has had a similar experience. I find the interface to be fairly straightforward and effective, and have yet to have one hiccup with the actual software. It does what it claims and does it very well. This is actually the first I've heard of anybody having problems with it.

So far I've got both JuiceDefender and JuicePlotter installed. Seems to be helping, only been running them for about a day. Biggest thing it does it turn off 3G. I keep 4G off most of the time and only use WiFi at home. Running a stock EVO.

@MetalHead:

You're absolutely right. everyone IS entitled to their own opinion. I've tired JD on three separate occasions as I bought this craptastic software on a recommendation. Worst recommendation ever. It DOES slow the device down to a crawl. And, it is only effective if your device sits there with the screen off. Not exactly real-world scenarios if your device is off all the time. Sure, that would save battery life. After all, one of the biggest drains is screen brightness.

Glad it's working for you. for me. like with the task killers that don't work in 2.2, I'll stick with other techniques.

Ok, maybe it's me, but I couldn't make the free version of this work for my Moment. Any clues why?

You're absolutely right. everyone IS entitled to their own opinion. I've tired JD on three separate occasions as I bought this craptastic software on a recommendation. Worst recommendation ever. It DOES slow the device down to a crawl. And, it is only effective if your device sits there with the screen off. Not exactly real-world scenarios if your device is off all the time. Sure, that would save battery life. After all, one of the biggest drains is screen brightness.

Glad it's working for you. for me. like with the task killers that don't work in 2.2, I'll stick with other techniques.
    Pretty much the whole point of the app is to save battery when you're NOT using the phone. There is no reason why we should lose 10% over a few hours when we're not even using our phones. With JD, that doesn't happen anymore. As I said in the OP, I LITERALLY only lose 1-2% overnight, down from 15-20%. That is a huge difference. That is certainly a real-world scenario considering nobody is on their phone 100% of the time... if they are then they have other problems to work out.

Anyways, sorry it doesn't work for you but as I stated before, you're a unique case. You can't really call it "crapware" if it works for so many people and you're the only person having a problem with it. You said before that you found the interface to be very confusing, maybe your problem is dare I say it.... user error?

I must ask, what kind of device are you using?

Ok, maybe it's me, but I couldn't make the free version of this work for my Moment. Any clues why?
    What do you mean you couldn't get it to work? I can't help if you don't actually tell me what's going on.

App states that APN control is not available.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trinamorgan88 View Post
    App states that APN control is not available.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    Hmm... Never tried it on a Moment but I know people have and it works fine for them so we should be able to get it working for you.

Try deleting the app, then power cycling your phone (turn it off and take the battery out for a few seconds), and then reinstall it and see if that works. What OS version is your moment on?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links