Samsung Galaxy Tab available for pre-order

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Tab available for pre-order within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; If you are just dying to get your hands on one of the first Samsung Galaxy Tab's available then look no further then CellHut.com - ...

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab available for pre-order

Admin

Samsung Galaxy Tab available for pre-order

If you are just dying to get your hands on one of the first Samsung Galaxy Tab's available then look no further then CellHut.com - They've got a pre-order going on for them. The price is much steeper then I had hoped at $699 however which appears to be $100 off the retail price.

We've seen them for sale via Amazon's UK site but this is the first US price we've seen. The link is here: Unlocked Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab (Unlocked Quadband) GSM Cell Phone

This is an unlocked device as well, so you'll be able to use it with any carrier that you can make it work with... and keep in mind this is a Quadband unit, so its pretty well going to work on most carriers. At this price level I'm going to guess that "subsidized" units will come in at $399.

Thanks to Neo4uo for the tip! Discuss it more in the Samsung Galaxy Tab Forum.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow that's a LOT of money. I'm still on the fence about Android tablets. Unless the OS is optimized for tablet form, which unfortunately is not the case with Froyo, I see no reason to have a tablet AND a phone that both run essentially the same OS.

I can do just about anything on the road that I need to do on my EVO, with one glaring exception:

I can't run an office suite such as OpenOffice.

If the Android tablet had a full Java runtime, it could run OO and Eclipse, and I wouldn't need a laptop any more.

If that were to happen, Android would be the road warrior's Swiss Army Knife.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links