Epic 4G receives OTA, gets Media Hub, bug fixes.

This is a discussion on Epic 4G receives OTA, gets Media Hub, bug fixes. within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Like most new tech, when the Epic 4G was launched, it wasn’t without its fair share of bugs. An OTA (over-the-air update) is in the ...

Thread: Epic 4G receives OTA, gets Media Hub, bug fixes.

Epic 4G receives OTA, gets Media Hub, bug fixes.

Like most new tech, when the Epic 4G was launched, it wasn’t without its fair share of bugs. An OTA (over-the-air update) is in the process of being rolled out to all Epic 4G devices to help fix some of those bugs. The update unfortunately is not the Froyo update that everyone is waiting for, but it is still pretty significant and should add some cool features and clear up some of those annoying bugs that people have been complaining about in forums across the internet.

One of the features added by the OTA is Samsung’s Media Hub, which allows users to download movies and TV shows right to their phones. Some may remember that this was a feature that was originally promised but missing from the phones on launch day. Samsung is making good on that promise and according to them, there will be over 1000 movies and TV shows available for download at launch.

Also included in the update are many bug patches that should alleviate some of the issues that people seem to be having with their devices:

• Optimized, HotSpot in 3G idle mode to help conserve battery power
    • Optimized, Applied Qualcomm patch for performance enhancement
    • Added, Media Hub
    • Modified, WiMAX exit delay
    • Modified, UI “Noisey” One to “Noisy One”
    • Fixed, 32GB mSD card is not recongized when formatted in device
    • Fixed, When playing video, the playback is paused if a headset is connected/disconnected
    • Fixed, Sorry popup when DRM file is selected in the Gallery
    • Fixed, Hotspot registration/deregistration

If you haven’t received the update yet and don’t want to wait for your phone to grab it, you can check for it manually by selecting “Software Update” under settings.

Let us know in the comments what you think about Media Hub and how your Epic 4G is performing after the update.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can the evo access the media hub or is it only a samsung thing? Does the hotspot idle feature work the same way on the evo?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Got it yesterday on my lunch break. I wasn't expecting it so I thought it was froyo. When I realized it wasn't it made me bawww :_(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links