How the HTC EVO 4G has Improved My Life

This is a discussion on How the HTC EVO 4G has Improved My Life within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; I am not an organized person, at least I wasnít. My room was a mess, my car was a mess, even my laptop was a ...

Thread: How the HTC EVO 4G has Improved My Life

How the HTC EVO 4G has Improved My Life

I am not an organized person, at least I wasnít. My room was a mess, my car was a mess, even my laptop was a mess, with a completely cluttered desktop. I had problems keeping track of my appointments, never checked my emails, and always ended up missing something important. I had tried keeping a notepad with me to jot things down in, which was great except I never opened it except for when I added something to it. Once something was written down in there, It was cleared from my memory and forgotten about. I even tried an iPaq (an old one, obviously), figuring that because it was techy, and I am a techy guy that I would be more inclined to use it. Well I was close.

Enter Android.

My first Android phone was the HTC Hero, which I loved dearly for the short time that I had it. I actually wanted to get an iPhone at the time since a couple of people at my work had one, but since I was on a company plan with Sprint, I couldnít get one. So I ďsettledĒ on a Hero. The Hero was great to me, however the only purpose it served was giving me a new toy to play with; it didnít actually do anything to improve my life. In the Heroís defense, I was still new to Android and didnít know how to get the most out of the phone or the OS. My homescreens were a mess, just as cluttered as my desktop. I loved having icons all over my screens because it gave me something to scroll through.

I had the Hero for about a month and a half before I learned about the EVO (this was still before the EVO was released) and promptly returned it (after arguing with Sprint for a few days) and ordered the EVO. I had to use my old Motorola Renegade for two weeks while I waited for my EVO, and let me tell you, it was two weeks of utter hell. Before I got my Hero, I always thought that I wasnít a smartphone guy. Why would I need all those extra features? My Renegade can make calls, send texts and store numbers, and it was my opinion at the time that that was all I needed. Boy was I wrong.

I finally received my EVO after those tortuous two weeks and it was one of the happiest days of my life (seriously). I had grown tired of watching unboxing videos all day (you know you watched them all day too, donít lie) but now it was mine!

The first few weeks of having it I treated it like my Hero. It was a toy, nothing more. But the more I played with it, and the more attached to it I became, I realized what a powerful tool it was and I was determined to use it to its full potential. I cleaned up my homescreens, organized all my apps into different folders, set up contact groups, synced my calendar with my outlook, added all my email accounts, etc. Now, I never miss an appointment, all my notes are stored in my EVO, I get all of my emails and have become a generally more dependable person. I use my EVO for everything, I donít spend nearly as much time on my computer as I did before I got my EVO.

After seeing how nice my uncluttered homescreens looked on my EVO, I couldnít stand to look at my computerís desktop in the condition it was in. I decided to spend a few hours to clean it up. Now my computer is more organized than it has ever been, and everything is exactly where it needs to be for easy access.

I bought the HTC EVO Car Upgrade Kit from Sprint which is just their fancy name for the car dock. The EVO looks so beautiful in it, and I took the time to cleanly and permanently route the usb cable so it didnít look like a mess. Well that was the cleanest part of my car. The very same day that I set up the car dock, I decided to clean out my car so the rest of it was as clean as my car dock installation. It took me a few hours but when I was done, I felt so good about what I did that I decided to clean my room as well. I went through all my old clothes, threw out what I donít wear, did all of my laundry, actually folded my clothes and put them in drawers, cleaned up all my guitar stuff, actually made room on my desk for my laptop, and just basically made it livable again.

So now, my life is organized. At least a lot more organized than it was before. I credit my EVO 100% for my new lifestyle. Itís crazy to think that a phone could have such a profound effect on my life but it most definitely has. I have found that it is easier to keep things clean then to let things get messed up and have to go and straighten it up later. Since I am always on my EVO, and my calander is right there, it is so easy to just add an appointment to it, and even if I forget about it, my EVO reminds me, so I don't miss any appointments anymore. I know that if I didnít have my EVO, that nothing would have changed. I would still be disorganized, would still have a messy car, a messy room, and a barely useable laptop.

Has your Android phone been as good to you as my EVO has been to me? Please, tell us in the comments how your Android phone has helped to improve your life.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Before I got my Evo I was not the fastest person trying to run an internet based company. My last phone was a Blackberry curve 8310 Which was super crap. I had no priorities and did nothing constructive when i was not home.

After I got my Evo 4G I was the most powerful man everywhere lol. I had a planer, answering machine, calendar, productivity apps, and mail on the go. I felt amazing and still ti'll this day I shoot down all other phones that claim to be better than mine.

The evo is amazing. I have one question. Is there anyway to send or receive faxes from the evo? That would make this great phone even better.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    Get 1 Free!
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    The evo is amazing. I have one question. Is there anyway to send or receive faxes from the evo? That would make this great phone even better.
    Look in the Market for "Mobile Fax".

Better yet, get all those cave people with FAX machines to send you emails with PDFs instead. I try to do all my quotes with PDFs now, and even my archaic customers are starting to send me emails instead of faxes.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post

Better yet, get all those cave people with FAX machines to send you emails with PDFs instead. I try to do all my quotes with PDFs now, and even my archaic customers are starting to send me emails instead of faxes.
    I know they have PDF readers in the Market but I have not found if there is a PDF writer for our phones. That would be an app to have on your phone.

I'm pretty sure that there is a preloaded PDF reader on the EVO.

True thatthe EVO has a built in reader, but what if you create a document and want to send it as a off file to someone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

That's a limitation for sure. But so is accessing faxes.

I prepare documents on my computer using Open Office, which can write directly to PDF. As I said in another post, I can't quite go without a laptop yet, not until Android has a full java implementation so that Open Office can be installed.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post

Unfortunately Banks have not started using email or protected PDF's for correspondence due to security reasons. Everyone else I use Email and PDF's. We use fax machines through our Land Lines for Free, there's gotta be an application that you can pay for that allows you to fax through your cell phone for free? NO?

SDRNYC

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links