Microsoft Hopes to eliminate Android, and IPhone.

This is a discussion on Microsoft Hopes to eliminate Android, and IPhone. within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; After an act of Microsoft burying IPhone and Android. Microsoft thinks their new version of windows phone 7 will kill the competition sending Apple and ...

Thread: Microsoft Hopes to eliminate Android, and IPhone.

Exclamation Microsoft Hopes to eliminate Android, and IPhone.

After an act of Microsoft burying IPhone and Android. Microsoft thinks their new version of windows phone 7 will kill the competition sending Apple and Android stats down. If you haven't realized Microsoft has not released a phone since the Kin, Kin 2, which were both dropped in under 3 months.

Their recent specs and inside looks at their future phones have proven nothing, but the fact that it has an OS similar to the Zune MP3 player also released by Microsoft. While trying to get in to the business again their chances are looking really slim. Yes, company's like HTC, Samsung and LG are going to be making windows phone 7. On the other hand cell phone carriers are all dishing out Android and IPhone phones. Bedsides Microsoft is not showing any new features that Android and IPhoneís canít do already.

• AT&T -- has the IPhone. (Which so far looks like the only company getting them.)
    • Sprint -- has the first 4G android phones & Android phones in general.
    • Verizon -- has great Droid phones.
    • T-Mobile -- has all of the above for their network besides the 4G status. But now their HSDP+ which apparently has faster speeds then 4G, whatís the threat to them?

So the question is will cell phone carriers advertise the windows phone 7ís like they do with the IPhone and Android based phones? On top of that will the windows phone 7 have better features then Android? IPhone? Better hardware? What makes Microsoft phones better? Itís not the fact that the Apple IPad took down their shares 20% alone. is it?

So will the investors like what Microsoft puts out coming up? Or will this die instantly like the Kin? We will find out as soon as Microsoft makes their first move. In my eyes the only thing these windows phone 7ís can do is play Xbox Live games. Yes cool feature but really? Bury Android their funny.

Source:
    Microsoft hopes to bury iPhone, Android | Reuters

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Carriers will sell WinMo phones simply to round out their product lines and not turn away diehard Windows fanbois. As for their popularity, MS better make a boatload of improvements to compete with Android, and probably iPhone too.

I haven't played with an iPhone yet, but we have an EVO and a Touch Pro 2, both by HTC, and I gotta tell you, the TP2 is a dog. Hard to use, slow, does stupid crap all by itself. Other than having a crappy app or 2 force close and rebooting when there's an update, My EVO has been just ON.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post
    ALL.
    I agree with you completly I feel that Microsoft will have to come out with some ridicoulous adds and/or features to get people to turn away from there Evo's and Epic's and IPhone's. I have never had an WM device but at this point 6 1/2 months with my Evo y would I need one?:htcevoiso:

The one thing i gotta say the WinMo phone does better is 'tethering'. I got an app (for free) that turns the phone into a wireless router. No cord necessary and no need to 'root' the device. However it does suck battery.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post
    All.
    If I had a WM device to compare I would and see the differnce myself but to me.
    ROOT = FREEDOM
    Went on a trip to Philadelphia last summer and Wireless tethered with full 4G. People paid me to use my internet in the hotel it was ridiculous. But I will say WM phones have really really nice roms.

At this point I am sticking with android. I used to be a microsoft so called fanboy but I got tired of having to reset my phone several times in a 30 min period. I was going to try them out this year but with them announcing they won't be releasing a cdma version till next year that won't be happening. And now with them talking all this smack about shutting down all other os's I'm giving up on microsoft completely, especially since they haven't even released it yet. The only way i'll try wp7 now is if they want to give me a phone for free. You screwed yourself again microsoft.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    Get 1 Free!
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    All.
    • Well if they throw some windows phone 7'S out there for review I will definitely get one.
    • I hope they do.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links