Samsung Transform for Sprint

This is a discussion on Samsung Transform for Sprint within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Next to join the Sprint Android device line up is the Samsung Transform. The Samsung Transform is the little friend to the Samasung Epic 4G, ...

Thread: Samsung Transform for Sprint

Samsung Transform for Sprint

Next to join the Sprint Android device line up is the Samsung Transform. The Samsung Transform is the little friend to the Samasung Epic 4G, it lacks the camera features, hi-res display features, and last but not least the 4G speed. Being a 800MHz processor and slide out QWERTY it is very nice with looks. Front and rear cameras, capacitive touchscreen, and $150 price tag (after mail in rebate.). If you need a Android phone heres an option.

Source:
    Samsung Transform, first hands-on! -- Engadget
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

danDroid
    Looks like a nice phone, seems priced kinda high though. For just a little more one could purchse the Epic 4G. Check out the hands-on from Engadget:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTyIpNUbUoo[/ame]

Samsung Transform

Is it out already? I'm just outside my 30 days on the Samsung Intercept, but the touch menu buttons only work about 30% of the time and it's driving me nuts. Everything else about the phone is great - apps, slide keyboard, etc. I've been in so I have a service record, so maybe they will let me trade up.

I got my 4-days-in-advance Sprint premier notice yesterday. So in 3 days it should be on sale to the general public.

Also there's the Sanyo Zio, which I've not heard anything about at all. It's $99.00 after all the instant savings, $100.00 MIR, 2 year contract, etc, etc, etc. It's WVGA, virtual keyboard, one 3.2 mpx camera. But it's Android!
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

This phone looks great. Especially since you don't have the premium fee to pay. If only htc would come out with a great phone that's not 4g. I would sell my Evo in a heartbeat. Over 99% of the time I don't have access to 4g and when I do the signal isn't that great.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    Get 1 Free!
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

No luck "trading up"

Went to the Sprint "service" center and tried to get them to let me swap out my Intercept for the Transform (I'm just a week over the 30 days). No luck. They did a hard reset on the Intercept (battery gets REALLY hot when charging, menu buttons work only occasionally). So I spent the day re-downloading apps, re-assigning ringers, and re-setting the thing up. Pretty discouraged that I'm stuck with this thing for another two years.

Quote Originally Posted by HBZookeeper View Post
    Went to the Sprint "service" center and tried to get them to let me swap out my Intercept for the Transform (I'm just a week over the 30 days). No luck. They did a hard reset on the Intercept (battery gets REALLY hot when charging, menu buttons work only occasionally). So I spent the day re-downloading apps, re-assigning ringers, and re-setting the thing up. Pretty discouraged that I'm stuck with this thing for another two years.
    I think I would honestly buy a new phone from someone on Craigslist or something. Because to me that phone is horrible, like bad. C'mon it's on Virgin Mobile now.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

Still new to the transform so I am still trying to get used to it. First thing I noticed is that it will not allow you to put in contacts with out having it sync up to google. I would like to have a phone book setting that does not have to be synced up to anything other than my Pc. Maybe I just have to learn more how to use it. But overall I still love it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links