Kingston 32GB MicroSDHC

This is a discussion on Kingston 32GB MicroSDHC within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Kingston introduces a 32GB MicroSDHC card for electronics devices. The Class 4 memory card is faster than the Sandisk 32GB that recently went for $87 ...

Thread: Kingston 32GB MicroSDHC

Kingston 32GB MicroSDHC

Kingston introduces a 32GB MicroSDHC card for electronics devices. The Class 4 memory card is faster than the Sandisk 32GB that recently went for $87 it was only class 2. But a downside for this new Kingston memory card cost $153.00. Now I don’t know about you guys/gals/Android’s, but that is a lot of money. So now you have the choice, which will you choose?

Source:
    Kingston introduces Class 4 32GB microSDHC card, charges dearly for the speed -- Engadget
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Probably for those that load lots of apps onto the SD card the faster one will be worth the money. If you don't, then the slower one will probably be fast enough.

For me, I'm still fine with the 8G card that came with the phone. I won't be buying a 32G card anytime soon.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Nice find...I just purchased my hTC EVO 4G a couple of weeks ago and would love to use it for all of my music instead of the Zune I have. I heard that there are 64 GB microSD cards, but I can't seem to find them (I admit not looking very hard). Have you seen any of those out there? My Zune holds 80 GB so 64 GB is kind of a must since I'm about 75% full on there.

Quote Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
    Nice find...I just purchased my hTC EVO 4G a couple of weeks ago and would love to use it for all of my music instead of the Zune I have. I heard that there are 64 GB microSD cards, but I can't seem to find them (I admit not looking very hard). Have you seen any of those out there? My Zune holds 80 GB so 64 GB is kind of a must since I'm about 75% full on there.
    Never heard of a 64GB Micro SD but that would be pretty ridiculous. I just upgraded to the 32GB and it's pretty nice. Use about 20GB for music and the rest for ROMS, Games, Back up APPS, and of course Pictures. Since I plug my phone to my comp a lot when I need new music I just change it then no need for all that memory at once.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Never heard of a 64GB Micro SD but that would be pretty ridiculous. I just upgraded to the 32GB and it's pretty nice. Use about 20GB for music and the rest for ROMS, Games, Back up APPS, and of course Pictures. Since I plug my phone to my comp a lot when I need new music I just change it then no need for all that memory at once.
    Do you mean ridiculous in a good way? Or are you belittling my post?

I travel quite a bit for work, so I'm not connected to my media server daily, more like once a week when I'm traveling. I am considering putting movies on the hTC Evo 4G too, and each one could be on the order of a GB each. Combine that with doing 720p movies of the kids while I'm on the go...more memory seems like I could do more. Combine that with long hours at work, I have a family with young children who requires my attention, I have little time to sit and juggling media to suite my needs when on the road.

Here's a link to Endgadget's post back in January: Samsung announces 64GB moviNAND flash, 32GB microSD card -- Engadget

Here's another mention with a 128 GB product, that says 64 GB will be out this quarter (doesn't specify microSDHC however): Toshiba cooks up 128GB NAND flash for next-gen phones and PMPs -- Engadget

The SD Associations website only has 32 GB for the limit currently. So perhaps it is a imminent technology. Reviewing their website I see that the classes go all the way up to Class 10.

This is exciting news for me! It would make those 3 hour layovers in Chicago go by much easier if I could have a set of media to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Do you mean ridiculous in a good way? Or are you belittling my post?

I travel quite a bit for work, so I'm not connected to my media server daily, more like once a week when I'm traveling. I am considering putting movies on the hTC Evo 4G too, and each one could be on the order of a GB each. Combine that with doing 720p movies of the kids while I'm on the go...more memory seems like I could do more. Combine that with long hours at work, I have a family with young children who requires my attention, I have little time to sit and juggling media to suite my needs when on the road.

Here's a link to Endgadget's post back in January: Samsung announces 64GB moviNAND flash, 32GB microSD card -- Engadget

Here's another mention with a 128 GB product, that says 64 GB will be out this quarter (doesn't specify microSDHC however): Toshiba cooks up 128GB NAND flash for next-gen phones and PMPs -- Engadget

The SD Associations website only has 32 GB for the limit currently. So perhaps it is a imminent technology. Reviewing their website I see that the classes go all the way up to Class 10.

This is exciting news for me! It would make those 3 hour layovers in Chicago go by much easier if I could have a set of media to enjoy.
    Correct me if I'm wrong that says Samsung is introducing 64GB Embedded in devices not flash memory. But I was saying thats ridiculous in a sense that it would be cool, and really expensive. Also wow class 10 must be kind of fast. I would prefer speed over capacity any day.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links