HTC Evo 4G Powermat (wireless charging)

This is a discussion on HTC Evo 4G Powermat (wireless charging) within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; YouTube - Powermat Wireless Charger for HTC EVO 4G: Unboxing & Overview Video is long but informative. The title alone should explain what a Powermat ...

Thread: HTC Evo 4G Powermat (wireless charging)

HTC Evo 4G Powermat (wireless charging)

The title alone should explain what a Powermat is, but the good news is itís now available for the Evo. The Powermat itself ranges from $39.99 to $99.99 which is reasonable, if you want wireless charging. The receiver which is designed specifically to fit your phone is $39.99. The case adds a little more bulk, but not a major problem. I still donít understand the technology but it is amazing if you ask me. I will wait till there is a better market for Powermats, and then I will get one. If you have one post a comment on how you like or donít like it, this is something I want to know more about.

Also right now there is a bundle for the Evo 4G for $59.99, get a small Powermat and Evo reviver just like in the video.

Source:
    EVO 4G picks up stylish Powermat induction charger (video) -- Engadget
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So...to use this thing, you have to plug in the base unit (the "mat") then place your phone on it.

When you are away from the charger, you have to plug in your phone anyway, or bring the powermat with you, which requires....unplugging it and plugging it in at the new location.

I fail to see the advantage, besides the ability to erase your expired credit card stripes before you cut them up and throw them away.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post
    So...to use this thing, you have to plug in the base unit (the "mat") then place your phone on it.

When you are away from the charger, you have to plug in your phone anyway, or bring the powermat with you, which requires....unplugging it and plugging it in at the new location.

I fail to see the advantage, besides the ability to erase your expired credit card stripes before you cut them up and throw them away.
    Lol I agree so much. I think its a complete waste of time. But I have seen it at Sprint headquarters here in Minnesota. For Sprint by choice (Choice communications) . My uncle has a 3x mat and 3 cell phones he just throws them down and boom charging. He also has one in the car because hes always on the go so I can see an advantage for advance users. But not for simplistic people like me.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

What would be really useful, especially if you're outside a lot, is a solar cover/charger. Then, whenever your phone is outside or in bright light, it's charging.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post
    What would be really useful, especially if you're outside a lot, is a solar cover/charger. Then, whenever your phone is outside or in bright light, it's charging.
    Smart I have seen the cool backpacks that solar charge things that could be cool for the Evo too.
    Cedric Cyrus
    Saint Paul, MN
    Evo 4G, I HATE APPLE!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links