Samsung Epic 4G getting FroYo update for Christmas

This is a discussion on Samsung Epic 4G getting FroYo update for Christmas within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Merry Christmas. Thatís what we are all saying over here when we heard our Epic 4Gís will be getting a much needed FroYo update for ...

Thread: Samsung Epic 4G getting FroYo update for Christmas

Admin

Samsung Epic 4G getting FroYo update for Christmas

Merry Christmas. Thatís what we are all saying over here when we heard our Epic 4Gís will be getting a much needed FroYo update for Christmas. The actual date is rumored to be pushed out to our devices on December 26th, just 4 days from now. Now while this is just a FroYo update rather than the new Gingerbread software, I still think a small step forward is better than no step at all.

This update is not yet official but here is a quick quote regarding this update:
    A software update to DL11 (Froyo) is available for the Samsung EPIC 4G via
    Google OTA.
    OTA Duration time: 7-8 minutes, with installation time of 6-8 minutes.
    Customers will become eligible for the upgrade across a 4-day period based on their status with the Google servers.
    67% of users are currently on SW DI18 so the first OTA package we will
    publish will be an upgrade from DI18 - Froyo (DL11).

Anyone looking forward to this update? What would you like to see from this update?

(Source Android Central

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am fairly new to the Droid phones, first having an HTC Hero for a month then getting an Epic the day it came out. Great phone but needed 2.2 so I did update to the 2.2.1 froyo -- not too impressed since the GPS still never works and still cannot move many apps to the sd card. I see many people asking how to flash back to 2.1 and my question is what would a "factory data reset" do or a hard reboot do? Wouldn`t that take it back to the stock phone OS? I have been reading many posts and that does not look like an option. If the Froyo OTA release is 12/26 will it update the DK28 leaked version? I can make a pc do backflips but at the same time I do not want my phone turned into a brick. I doubt it would happen and sure I could fix it because I do have quite extensive tech experience. I have complained to Sprint many times about issues with my Epic...and as of 12/24 the Sprint tech (a supervisor) emailed me back and told me they will swap my Epic out for an EVO and credit me the difference in price -- which tells me there is no roll out for Froyo tomorrow. I hope that is not the case. Anyway, as I said I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help and feedback. I have downloaded everything I need to revert back to 2.1 but I am not going to do it until I know for sure there will be an OTA update to Froyo on 12/26. Sprint has been so slow for this update it is pathetic. Anyway, I am glad to be a member of Sprint Droids and look forward to sometime be able to contribute what I do know or find out. This will turn out to be my new hobby and being retired and quite young I will begin learning code asap. Hello to everyone!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links