Honeycomb To Be 2.4, Not 3.0?

This is a discussion on Honeycomb To Be 2.4, Not 3.0? within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Honeycomb has been reported to be 3.0 since originally heard of, but a new rumor/report from sites like Pocketnow and Androidpolice says 2.4 might be ...

Thread: Honeycomb To Be 2.4, Not 3.0?

Honeycomb To Be 2.4, Not 3.0?

Honeycomb has been reported to be 3.0 since originally heard of, but a new rumor/report from sites like Pocketnow and Androidpolice says 2.4 might be the right number. These reports are more accurately known as site logs, and both sites have pointed out that they have received visits from devices identifying themselves as Android 2.4 based devices. While the number of devices with this log is still very low, thatís actually a good sign because as far as I know, none of us here have a honeycomb based device just yet. Itís also known that faking your deviceís identification is fairly easy, but who would really go through all that just to throw us off.

Regardless, what do you guys think of this? Do you mind the number change or, like me, you donít really care since itís the same software. How do you think Google judges these numbers? How did they go from 1.6-2.0 but have been using 2.X for such a long time. Give us what you think in a reply below.

Source (Android Honeycomb to be 2.4, Not 3.0?)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I really dont care because its all the same software but to answer your question about how Google may judges the numbers they may come from the update themselves, its widely known that an increase in the number before the decimal is usually a MAJOR update while the number after the decimal is usually a MINOR update, as to why they name each and every one of them is beyond me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links