Sprint to Add $10 Dollar/Month Fee to All New Smartphones

This is a discussion on Sprint to Add $10 Dollar/Month Fee to All New Smartphones within the Sprint Android News forums, part of the Sprint category; Sprint has just released info that they will be charging all Sprint users of smartphones a $10 dollar per month additional fee, instead of the ...

Thread: Sprint to Add $10 Dollar/Month Fee to All New Smartphones

Sprint to Add $10 Dollar/Month Fee to All New Smartphones

Sprint has just released info that they will be charging all Sprint users of smartphones a $10 dollar per month additional fee, instead of the $10 dollar per month 4G fee they were currently charging users that had 4G capable phones. If you already have a smartphone on Sprint that is pre-4G, (anything before the HTC EVO, the HTC Shift, and the Samsung Epic 4G), then you will be exempt from this new policy until you upgrade to a newer smartphone. They are calling this the Data Plan fee instead of the 4G fee apparently. Sprint is back-pedaling bit as they claim that it was never meant to be a 4G fee anyway. Regardless, although this is frustrating, it's not unexpected as smartphone users account for the large majority of data across phone networks. Also, Sprint users can still rejoice because even with this new monthly fee, Sprint is still cheaper than the competition when you factor the different per minute plans.

Source: Sprint

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wrongo! The phones you listed ARE 4G not pre-4G

"If you already have a smartphone on Sprint that is pre-4G like the HTC EVO, the HTC Shift, and the Samsung Epic 4G, then you will be exempt from this new policy..."

so you're already paying the $10 fee.

And you've got till the end of January to activate a smartphone and beat the fee until you activate a new one.

Sprint has changed their story on this $10 fee. I got a HTC EVO in June and was charged the extra $10 for what I was told was a 4G fee. When I still was not getting 4G service in November, I called Sprint to complain. They then told me the $10 was not for 4G but for the extra data demands from smart phones.

There is lots of the country not getting 4G as yet, but they were applying the fee to all 4G phones. Columbus Ohio had not even been announced as a 4G area when I got my Epic, but I knew I would be assessed the fee regardless. They were not coy about it, and it was clear the fee would be charged whether you had 4G coverage or not. So whatever they called it, at the time, only 4G-capable phones were being charged the fee.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links