Dumb question of the day from Bob

This is a discussion on Dumb question of the day from Bob within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I'll try not to have one of these every day, but today I have one and it is pretty bad. How in the heck do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb question of the day from Bob

Dumb question of the day from Bob

I'll try not to have one of these every day, but today I have one and it is pretty bad.

How in the heck do i get just a normal Browser to open....like where a set home page comes up? On my BB and all other smartphones, you just clicked the browser icons and it came up with my google home page.

On the smae note, how do you get out of the browser, to check email or whatever, then go back to where you were?

Can you have multiple browsers open?

OK, so that is three really dumb questions, but I'm lost.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well, the icon for your default browser is just called "Internet". If you set a home page, opening that up should take you right there. To leave the internet to check your mail just hit home and do your thing, then hold the home button till your recent apps comes up and just select the browser again and it should take you back to where you were. Yes you can have multiple browsers open if you have different browsers on your phone. I use Dolphin HD, it allows you to have multiple tabs like desktop browsers.
    There is no such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers. Hopefully my answers weren't dumb haha

Got the 'internet' figured out. Thanks!

Another question.

Can you delete multiple emails at a time? Right now I long click each one and hit delete. On my BB I could sort of shift select a whole group in a row to delete.

I get a lot of different spam or just periodicals that I want to delete and like to clear it out when I'm mobile.

Thanks!

Admin
    You can also add "shortcut" icons on your main screen to take you to any site you want as well so you can have multiple shortcuts to multiple sites.

Quote Originally Posted by REKIII View Post
    Can you delete multiple emails at a time? Right now I long click each one and hit delete. On my BB I could sort of shift select a whole group in a row to delete.
    Thanks!
    YES! I was so happy when I found this too.

From the list of emails, tap "Menu" -> "Delete"

The list reappears with boxes on the right. Tap each mail to select each one (red "X" appears in the box.) Then at the bottom, tap "Delete (xx)" where (xx) is the number of emails that you selected. Also, while in this screen, you can tap "Menu" then "Select all" to select every email in the list (good for emptying the trash folder.)

excellent tips guys. This is awesome!

Really appreciate it.

Bob

What was this post about Shakira? Hey, I am a total Shakira fan, well not just because of the belly dance she does, but also because of her voice and her music. She has quite a special voice, I'd say.

Why does my phone time travel?

The time stamps on my text messages get meesed up. It could be 8:00am, and I get a text from someone and the time stamp says 4:30pm. Then the next one will say 8:05 like it's supposed to. The really fustrating thing is that the texts stay in order of the time stamp, not the order of convo.

Any ideas or is this just a droid problem?

Thanks!

I have not seen any odd time stamps on texts. Is this just from one contact or more than one? Where are they texting from? Their phone? A computer?

from multiple different people. All on thier mobile phones (no other evos or droids).

One is my wife on my plan, another is a guy who I know has sprint, another is a coworker with an iphone. All of these have had periodic messed up stamps, but not always, and typically the next text they send will have the correct stamp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links