Buy from Sprint or Best Buy?

This is a discussion on Buy from Sprint or Best Buy? within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Should be able to get over to Sprint on or around July 11, 2010 due to contract. I look forward to playing with my new ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy from Sprint or Best Buy?

Buy from Sprint or Best Buy?

Should be able to get over to Sprint on or around July 11, 2010 due to contract. I look forward to playing with my new Evo. I hope the build quality is better after hearing some of the screen issues. Is there a reason to purchase the Evo from the sprint store as opposed to BB? I mean if I buy four Evo's the up front out of pocket cost at the Sprint store is $1200 whereas BB it's only $800. I heard the mail in rebates end on July 10 so will they not offer the rebate at the Sprint Store? Sorry I may be asking this stuff on the wrong forum. Anyway Hello everyone!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The rebate forms have to have a reciept marked by July 10. If you purchase the phone after that, there will be a new rebate form with a new date on it. If you purchase from Best Buy, you will absolutely save money up front with the mail in rebates, but if there is any problems with the phone you have to go back to best buy to get it taken care of. If you decide you want to exchange, the same applies. If there is a problem with your bill, they will just tell you tht you have to go to a corporate store, and that store will not be able to fix it as it was caused by a 3rd party store. Customer care may or may not be able to fix it, depending to who you talk to. Buying from best buy can be a great experience, but please look at the pro's and con's buying from a 3rd party store before you purchase... otherwise, buyer beware!

danDroid
    I've purchased quite a few phones from Best Buy. I've always had great service, and the staff has always been knowledgeable about the pricing/plans/products.

Thanks

I appreciate the info. One last question for anyone out there. I cureently receive a 15% discount at AT & T because I am a public safety (firefighter). I believe Sprint at one time had a similar discount (base plan only) for public Safety. Big reason to move to Sprint is hopefully it will be cheaper or at the least the same. I believe since i am also a member of a credit union I could qualify for the 10% discount. If I put my email address in the discount checker it comes back as it doesn't recognize this organization. I am a member of the IAFF and a member in good standing with the Teamsters. Like I said just trying to figure out how to find the best possible price on the plan I am considering.

Thanks again

Charles

Charles, if the online dicount finder isn't working for you, i would suggest calling into customer service and asking them. Or you can always go into a local store and ask them. When i got my discount (23%) I had to bring my badge (i am a hospital radiology tech) and a recent paystub to verify everything, and it was added to my bill after a full cycle.

Thank you for the reply I appreciate everyone's time.

Charles Abbott

Junior Member SBRSuperstar225_sprintdroids's Avatar
    best buy, i bought from sprint, my evo is ****ed up and they got waiting lists for the phone in the sprint stores, im bout to return this *****.

Admin
    The good thing about buying at Best Buy is if they price drop within 30 days you can get the difference back. That's pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The good thing about buying at Best Buy is if they price drop within 30 days you can get the difference back. That's pretty handy.

Damn that's cool.

Hello Everyone,

I picked up my phones from Best Buy. Now new problem. Some of my family lives three hours from me and I sent them to the local corporate Sprint Store in Lexington, KY Hamburg to buy some accessories (cases, screen protectors and chargers, Best Buy had small selection or completely sold out). The store representative treated them like they were a pain to even talk to (leaning on glass counter and hands in face everytime my mother or brother asked a question. Unbelievable! I expect more from a company store than treating customers like dogs because they have already purchased the phone and it wasn't from them. It only validates what all of us know... nobody cares about customer service. BB has two people in the entire store to help you even if you show up at 3:00 in the afternoon. Big box home improvement stores same thing. Let's face it they claim customer service the fact is once you buy it they are done with you and your problems. That's why these forums are so vital. Consumers need a place you can contact experienced, passionate members that give a damn. Sorry to go on but it is a problem in the entire retail industry. I will shop at a local hardware store just to get the personal attention I crave and pay for that service. Now mind you I'm not willing to pay $500 more for a flippin phone but 10% to 20% is reasonable. But I digress. A BIG THANK YOU to everyone for their time and advice! I appreciate you and this forum very much.

Sincerely,

Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links