Help with Droid

This is a discussion on Help with Droid within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Okay, not quite sure where this should go, but I figured it would get a decently quick response here. Sorry if I put it in ...

Thread: Help with Droid

Question Help with Droid

Okay, not quite sure where this should go, but I figured it would get a decently quick response here. Sorry if I put it in the wrong spot, move if it you need to.

My wife just bought a Samsung Intercept last night and is loving it.

However, she just emailed me from work and said she'd somehow 'deleted' the google search bar widget from her phone (or at least off the screen). I looked around online and most answers involved in tapping a + button on the screen. But her's doesn't have a + button on screen, or any other obvious "add" button.

I don't think it's an Intercept issue so much as just not being familiar with the OS. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this back?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It should just be a matter of doing a long press on the home screen, selecting "widgets" and then selecting the search widget. I have an Evo but I'm sure it's the same on the intercept.

I'm not sure, we've tried a few things but it's hard for me to try to explain it to her when I'm not all too knowledgeable about it either. When she gets home from work tonight I'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

If all else fails, since she's only had it a day or so you could reset it to factory defaults without losing much [or any] customization.

Sam
    oh no.. that shouldn't be necessary. you can't delete the google search app (without a LOT of hacking), you can only remove it from your home screen. all you do it press and hold (the "long press" that was mentioned earlier) any open spot on the home screen. the phone will quickly vibrate and then give you a pop-up menu of options. one of those options should be "widgets", select that and scroll down to "search" in the next menu that pops up. that will put the search bar back on your home screen. to move it around, long press the search bar (works for any icon or widget on your home screen) and drag it to wherever you want it. or, if you drag it down to the app drawer, you will notice that it has now turned into a trash can. if you let go of it while hovering over the trash can, it will remove the app/widget from your screen (but not delete it). this is likely what she did on accident the first time.

Thanks, Sam! I think many of us learned something about how Android works from your response.

Sam, that was exactly the fix. The problem was that while she was playing around, adding widgets and whatnot, she found the right way to put it back on, but had added too many widgets, and it wouldn't allow her to do it, so she thought she was doing it wrong. Once she got home I just deleted one of the widgets and added the search bar back. Thanks for the help folks! Glad to know I've got a good resource for info/help if we need more!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links