Predicted demise of the iPhone

This is a discussion on Predicted demise of the iPhone within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Now that Android 2.2 has full Flash 10.1 capability, I predict that one of two things will happen: 1) the iPhone 4 will fade into ...

Thread: Predicted demise of the iPhone

Predicted demise of the iPhone

Now that Android 2.2 has full Flash 10.1 capability, I predict that one of two things will happen:

1) the iPhone 4 will fade into oblivion, or
    2) Steve Jobs will do an about face and allow Flash on iOS4

It's not that I'm a big Flash fan, but a LOT of sites use it for WAY TOO MUCH stuff, and you can't really surf the web effectively these days without Flash. And HTML 5 and the <video> tag is just too far off in the future. I don't believe the iPhone can survive the wait.

There is pretty much nothing a desktop or laptop PC can view on the net that an Android phone can't.

What do you think?
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I guess i'm on the other side of the phone. Many people who have android phone's what Apple to fail and vice versa. I hope apple does great and the iphone is a success. Competition is the biggest reason for all the advances in the cell phone industry and without it you loose the drive to do better Imo.

Agreed with Jak. Competition drives the industry to move forward and we the consumer benefit from it greatly. Look at the EVO, we wouldn't have it if not for the iPhone.

Don't get me wrong; I don't want the iPhone to fail either. I'm just trying to make a point of how important Flash support is on mobile devices, to bring them to the next step.

We do a live streaming site and have commited to Flash for compatibility reasons. Before we used a proprietary Windows platform, and while Windows boxes were 95% of the internet surfing population, that was fine. Now Macs are more popular, and mobile devices are doing more on the internet. My clients are always asking about viewing their cams on mobile devices. For us, right now, Flash is the answer. We had looked into Silverlight, but after waiting for a mobile Silverlight player for over a year (there still isn't one) we chose Flash.

For me, Android with Flash 10.1 does everything I need a phone to do. I can look at the NOAA weather radar (they just switched from Java to Flash.) I can now watch all of our Flash live streams, where before I could only watch a subset of them. I can even play Facebook games on my phone, although they are tedious to load without 4G.

This upgrade was monumental for me, and now my EVO is just about perfect.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

lol i wasn't accusing you rich. I do agree with you infact. For me the Evo is just a game changer. Before the Evo i never cared about the release of a phone, i never participated in a forum and didnt care to. Using this phone makes me want to talk about it. I love learning new things about it and if i can sometimes share what i learn with others i'm happy to do so. I wont lie in the past i have wanted an iphone and the only thing that stopped me was Sprint. I have had Sprint for many years and wouldnt change but the Evo erased all desire for it whatsoever
    Sorry to hear mobodojo didnt find happiness in his Droid but for me i am. I sometimes have to remind myself that this is only a phone, or is it?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links