General Q+A

This is a discussion on General Q+A within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; Yeah, flashing back to stock puts the phone back to a factory state, like when you first got it. 2.1 is called eclair, and 2.2 ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: General Q+A

Yeah, flashing back to stock puts the phone back to a factory state, like when you first got it.

2.1 is called eclair, and 2.2 is called Froyo. They name each build after a different desert. The next one is 3.0 and it's called gingerbread.

The only way to go back to 2.1 is by rooting it. 2.2 is MUCH better than 2.1. It was a huge upgrade for us so for now you want 2.2.

Yes, if you root and install the wifi tether app you will be able to connect both laptops.

WiFi is just basically just wireless internet and tethering is connecting your computer to your phone to share its data connection. WiFi tethering is connecting your computers wirelessly (WiFi) to the phone instead of using a usb cable.

You're very welcome, that's what we're here for

to root or not to root, is no longer the question!!

You guys will help me walk through this when someone develops rooting for 2.2 Froyo -- I'm trying to incorporate my new vocabulary ;D

LOL i dont know how many questions to answer at once. between me and Metalhead you keep getting 2 answers. At least we are consistent lol and two is better then none right.

THANK YOU BOTH!! It's called reinforced learning!! LOL!!!

Victoria give it a few months and you'll be the one answering all the questions

Jak -- this had/has me smiling very broadly at the monitor ;D I feel like a new born baby learning to crawl, but I'll be running in a wee bit!

I have never rooted before but when it is possible for froyo i'm doing it. Rooting is kinda an advanced move and giving yourself a little time to get familiar with the system is not a bad idea

As soon as a root is available I am rooting my phone. I'll be more than happy to help you out with it once I am successful with mine.

ok, Metalhead -- I *want* 2.2 Froyo...great upgrade....so, have to wait for someone to figure out "rooting" with 2.2 ---- then, I'll add "wifi tether app" -- is this the same as Easy Tether??? -- to connect both laptops to internet....

RE: this -------> WiFi is just basically just wireless internet and tethering is connecting your computer to your phone to share its data connection. WiFi tethering is connecting your computers wirelessly (WiFi0 to the phone instead of using a usb cable. <------ Personally, I think you should be teaching this stuff in college ;D Dr. Metalhead

so with wifi tethering, both laptops will be able to access the internet WITHOUT wires -- got it!!!!

Thanks again....I appreciate that this is an environment to ask questions....a good place to learn.....

Jak --- ABSOLUTELY!! Afterall, I've only had my Evo 2 days!! ROFLOL!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! I'm glad you'll be walking down that road and will be familiar with rooting froyo and I think Jak will also be doing this. Now, I just wish someone would figure out how to root 2.2!!!

Wow we took the new member thread to a whole new level. Maybe Admin or dandroid can move this to general

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links