General Q+A

This is a discussion on General Q+A within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; vf- I used to use the hotspot all the time when in a 4G market and it worked great. I got speeds upwards of 6 ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Q+A

General Q+A

vf- I used to use the hotspot all the time when in a 4G market and it worked great. I got speeds upwards of 6 mbps. When not in 4G I used EasyTether for usb tethering. Since the froyo update, I can't seem to get either to work. I'm assuming sprint shut off the free wifi tethering finally but I don't know why I can't get usb tethering to work. It could just be an issue with my phone. If you're thinking of paying for it, the hotspot app should work just fine for you but it's expensive. As soon as there is a root available for froyo I'm going to root my phone among many things, install a free wifi tethering app. Anyways, welcome to SprintDroids!

Jak did your sprint hotspot app stop working after the update? I used to be able to use it for free in 4g markets but now I can't use it at all. I'm thinking Sprint finally got around to shutting us off. Also, I can't seem to get USB tethering to work either, even with EasyTether. Have you tried that?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yea Metalhead i think they got us on the hotspot but i am still using pdanet right now. I did end up going with the paid version for 18$. I haven't tried EasyTether since the update.

Hmm... I would think if PDAnet works then EasyTether should work also. Did you get around to updating to .6 yet? Did PDAnet work on .3?

Yea i'm still on .3. I did download .6 but i haven't applied it yet. I have no issues with .3 and i wanted to wait to hear if anyone has with .6 Thats strange ET and Pdanet are basically the same so it should work in theory.

Every time I try to connect, I get a popup on my PC that says connection failed. Maybe my usb cable is defective?... aside from that I have no clue what it could be. It used to work flawlessly.

I'm going to stay on .3 until someone roots froyo. If they root .3 I'm good to go, if they root .6 then I'll run the RUU and update. I've got my heart set on rooting it now so I'm sitting here F5ing over on XDA hoping someone figures it out soon.

Can you try Pdanet just to check? I hear ya. I have been wanting to root but i had to get my feet wet first. Now that i have had my phone for a few months i feel a little more confident on rooting.

I'm the same as you, I was a little nervous about it at first but after manually updating to 2.2 I feel much more confident in doing things like that. I am rooting as soon as one is available. I'm gonna run and grab a different cable from my car and try that real quick and if that doesn't work I will try PDAnet.

Ok i'll fire up Easyt ether on my phone too for ya just to see if it works for me. Maybe we can narrow it down that way

It wasn't the cable and I just tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail. Testing PDAnet now.

Trying to install the PDAnet desktop client and I think it froze.

We have two laptops...according to literature, can "hook up" up to 8 devices....

VF

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links