Considering going from Droid on VZW to Evo 4G on Sprint.. anyone here made this move?

This is a discussion on Considering going from Droid on VZW to Evo 4G on Sprint.. anyone here made this move? within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I posted this on another forum and got mostly Droid users on VZW commenting so not really the input I was soliciting. Another member suggested ...

Thread: Considering going from Droid on VZW to Evo 4G on Sprint.. anyone here made this move?

Considering going from Droid on VZW to Evo 4G on Sprint.. anyone here made this move?

I posted this on another forum and got mostly Droid users on VZW commenting so not really the input I was soliciting. Another member suggested I post here so here goes, feel free to add your first hand experience with Sprint and the Evo 4G even if you didn't come from VZW or a Droid.

Cut/Paste:
    We currently have Droids and have been happy with them but the Evo 4G seems to have everything we're missing from our Droids. On top of that we can save $50+ every month on our bill over what we're currently paying and that includes more airtime, more features and 4G. My Droid is rooted and overclocked and my wife's is bone stock running Froyo. I'm wondering how we will like this transition and if there's anything we should know. I realize it's a step down in nationwide coverage but prior to moving to VZW we had T-Mobile and the coverage was sufficient and Sprint is very similar, especially in our area. My concern is with the 4G itself and how it affects battery life and how it performs overall. I messed with some of the Evo 4G's at the store including a couple employees personal phones and the speeds were a nice increase over 3G. My concern however is it's affect on battery life as the employees all had their 4G turned off and had to enable it. He said it really affects battery life so if a salesman is telling me that then it must REALLY affect battery life. Seems if that's a big reason for the move it wouldn't make sense to move and pay an extra $10 per line for 4G if we had it disabled. The Evo 4G itself seems like a very nice phone and I'm sure we'll like it as well. Seems that a little larger is about the only negative but the positives far outweigh this.

So, thoughts? Looking for someone who has made this move or someone who has weighed pros & cons in making the move and really don't want people speculating or fanboying because I have no ties to anyone other than Android here.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have a new Nextel account and am very happy with it.

i have had the evo since the day it was released and i love it.I have had every service out there except verizon.I even had the very first google android which was the g1..the evo is definitely the best phone i have ever had and i really like sprint as well.As far as 4g,i cant comment on that bcuz i live here in louisville kentucky and it is not available here yet...

We just made the switch...

We just switched from Verizon to Sprint yesterday and got 2 EVOs. We still have our Verizon contract while we use Sprint's 30 trial to make sure we like the service, but I can definitely say we like the phones. Many of our friends have nothing but good things to say about Sprint's service and actually decided to make the switch after talking to my sister-in-law. We too are saving about $50-60 a month on Sprint compared to Verizon.

Our final straw with Verizon was when they added the VZ Navigator to my line with no authorization and I never even opened the app on my phone. I have had to argue with Verizon every month for the past 5 months about billing issues, so the money savings and hopefully better customer service brought me to Sprint.

I should also mention that it does eat battery life quickly, but a car charger fixes that problem on the road. I cannot comment on the 4G service, because it is not offered in our area. The $10 fee isn't for 4G, it is an extra fee for having a smartphone. Kinda like Verizon charges $30 for their smartphones, Sprint is only charging $10...

I can't comment on the phones as I'm looking at picking up 2 EVO Shifts next week...but I will say this about the service. I had Verizon business phones for a while and kept our personal Sprint phones. Anywhere the Sprint had no bars neither did the Verizon and vice versa.

Good luck! I'll let you know how it goes when I switch.

~Joey

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links