update messed up my intercept

This is a discussion on update messed up my intercept within the Sprint forums, part of the Android Phone Carriers category; I accepted the update and it's changed my phone- especially the way I had my contacts set up. How can this be fixed? And how ...

Thread: update messed up my intercept

update messed up my intercept

I accepted the update and it's changed my phone- especially the way I had my contacts set up. How can this be fixed? And how can I make sure my data has been backed up?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    I accepted the update and it's changed my phone- especially the way I had my contacts set up. How can this be fixed? And how can I make sure my data has been backed up?
    How exactly did it mess up your contacts? Generally with an OTA update no data is lost during the update. Also, your contact information should be backed up to your Google Account.

I lost half my contacts and a few apps couldn"t be used. At the sprint store the tech said there were a lot of problems with this update (the same was admitted by customer service). He said there would be anothee update this week which would fix it. I had my contacts organized in groups and that option is gone. Gmail didn't help. I did receive $30 off my bill which I appreciate.

I would recommend making sure that all your contacts are linked to your Google Account. That way they will be backed up to the cloud. It works the same has linking them to Facebook. I was unaware of any major issues with this update. But there are always bound to be some issues here and there. Sorry it messed up your contacts. Another option you can do is to export your contacts. It's will save them to a file on the SD card and you can reimport them if something like this happens in the furture.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links